Meals and recipes from your garden

Reaction score
What meals and recipes have you made from the foods you grow in your garden? This can be anything from salads to drinks to baking etc. Let's share and inspire each other!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm terrible at cooking, so, unfortunately, I can't share any impressive recipes with you. My favorite vegetables are tomatoes, I just slice them and put them in my sandwich:p
I also like fried zucchini slices. Add some butter and garlic salt and fry them on a pan for a few minutes. They're yummy!:D

Reaction score
I like to make an Italian dish called "giardenira" which starts simply with a little olive oil and sautee some onions and garlic. I then simmer eggplant, zucchini, squash of any kind, tomatoes, broccoli, fresh parsley, celery and before serving add a pinch of parmesan cheese. It is a great side dish, or served with rice. A friend from the south tried it and loved it and called it "veggie caviar" and ate it on crackers. It simply means from the garden and it is a good way to get a large serving of vegetables.

Reaction score
Well, when I was 16 years old or so I grew my own cucumbers, we made our own cucumber + lemon water with those cucumbers. Over here this drink is quite popular and we love it! We gave some cucumber to my sister too back then, she sliced them and put them in a platter, then she added some lemon juice and salt to them. I think she also liked to add chili powder to them.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I grow tomatoes so most of my food made from my garden would be a salad.

Reaction score
I remember from my grandma's garden, she would layer slices of zucchini, onions, and tomatoes along with cheese. She would make about 3 layers and then put some Italian seasoning on top. Bake in the oven 45 minutes to an hour. So good!

Reaction score
I grow tomatoes so most of my food made from my garden would be a salad.

You could also make great soups with those tomatoes ;) I like to prepare tomato soup from time to time, I also like to prepare tasty tomato saucer for our spaghetti and lasagna. I think tomatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables (y)

Reaction score
I have made zucchini bread several times. In the late summer the plants have a tendency to grow out of control and it can be challenging to use it all. I also tried a baked zucchini and cheese dish (almost like a thick pancake but mostly zucchini) everyone loved it, but I didn't care for it.

Ask a Question