Lettuce recipes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
The vegetable vendors in front of our office have dozens of lettuce that are very cheap. Anyone here can share lettuce recipes aside from salads? Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Neither do I, but there is a huge variety of salads you can prepare. I personally love to always keep some lettuce nearby, I disinfect it and place it in a container, in case I want to make a sandwich. My dad sometimes makes a lettuce tea when he has a hard time sleeping. My mom once prepared a chicken with lettuce, she put it in the blender and added other things... it was good, I'll ask her for the recipe!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only thing I have seen lettuce used for other than a salad is an open face sandwich, instead of using bread put the salad mixings on lettuce.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is not an easy question;)
As far as I know, some people wrap ground meat in cooked lettuce leaves, but I don't know the recipe, because I'm a vegetrian:)

Reaction score
I found this romaine lettuce stir fry recipe that looks promising. http://www.eatingoutloud.com/2008/02/ginger-pepper-romaine-stir-fry.html

22919562fbb78a6867239f4a9a5a008e.jpg

Reaction score
The vegetable vendors in front of our office have dozens of lettuce that are very cheap. Anyone here can share lettuce recipes aside from salads? Thanks a lot!
Hmmm... there's not many other than salad but we do eat a lot of lettuce wraps. I'm not sure if you have ever had them. Many restaurants sell them as appetizers. It's basically using the lettuce as the "bread". Hard to give you a good visual picture but you can really use it to wrap just about anything!! :) Here's an example!

Hope this helps!
Danyel :)

th

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Hmmm... there's not many other than salad but we do eat a lot of lettuce wraps. I'm not sure if you have ever had them. Many restaurants sell them as appetizers. It's basically using the lettuce as the "bread". Hard to give you a good visual picture but you can really use it to wrap just about anything!! :) Here's an example!

Hope this helps!
Danyel :)

th

Oh thanks! That looks really nice. I am doing some lettuce wraps, too. I wrap cucumber, carrot strips, and crabsticks in lettuce. This is a great yet simple to do recipe. :)

Ask a Question