Hanging basket garden

Reaction score
I found some snazzy hanging baskets... take a look .
A bird cage for a hanging basket..
247275835760065666_HZ7Zrz6T_b.jpg

This is something you can do yourself if you have the glass jars
hanging-ball-jars-380x507.jpg

circle-pot-5.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I kind of like this one, Maddie. Though I'm not sure why the person decided to hang them in a Japanese plum tree... maybe it was just for taking the photo. I think I'm most intrigued by the mod design of them. They're very retro.

circle-pot-5.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is something you can do yourself if you have the glass jars
hanging-ball-jars-380x507.jpg

I love it! :D My bed is decorated with metal wires like these so it would look really great in my room. It looks like it's not too hard to make, maybe I'll try:D

Reaction score
I love it! :D My bed is decorated with metal wires like these so it would look really great in my room. It looks like it's not too hard to make, maybe I'll try:D
Claudine, my choice would be that too.. I would love to make a few hanging containers from glass jars.. I think it would look rather pretty if we could use some lovely colored glass pebbles for the bottom as to enhance drainage while filling the rest with perilite /soil for the plants.. good lighting could make these container look really beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine, my choice would be that too.. I would love to make a few hanging containers from glass jars.. I think it would look rather pretty if we could use some lovely colored glass pebbles for the bottom as to enhance drainage while filling the rest with perilite /soil for the plants.. good lighting could make these container look really beautiful.

I agree, I'm sure it can look absolutely wonderful! I would also like to paint the wires black because my bed's decoration is black. My only concern is that containers from glass jars probably are quite heavy and it will be hard to find a safe place to hang them.

Reaction score
I agree, I'm sure it can look absolutely wonderful! I would also like to paint the wires black because my bed's decoration is black. My only concern is that containers from glass jars probably are quite heavy and it will be hard to find a safe place to hang them.
You may have to use a heavy gauge wire to hold the container... and may be a bracket or a strong pole top hang them. You may have to take these precautions as this is glass ware and could be heavy..
Trying out with smaller jars would help, i guess.

Reaction score
The idea of hanging plants appeals to me. For years I have loved the look of hanging plants. Maddie, the pictures that you have posted throughout this thread are really pretty. I have a "something" that I can hang plants in, but I need to nail it up. I don't know whether I want it outside or inside.
These beautiful pictures posted here on this thread make me want to buy a lot of plants and hang them up all around. I don't have the budget for that though, so I will be content with just looking:) .

Reaction score
The idea of hanging plants appeals to me. For years I have loved the look of hanging plants. Maddie, the pictures that you have posted throughout this thread are really pretty. I have a "something" that I can hang plants in, but I need to nail it up. I don't know whether I want it outside or inside.
These beautiful pictures posted here on this thread make me want to buy a lot of plants and hang them up all around. I don't have the budget for that though, so I will be content with just looking:) .
Flourishes, thank you. Most of us are like that in someway or the other.. for me it is the lack of space that makes it impossible to have more plants.. I have a few hooks and pots hanging from them... but I would like to have more.. I don't have the space for such a luxury.
I am content with writing here and finding different ways of making what I have go a longer way.. :/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Claudine I have another idea for you; remember macrame hangers? (Actually, you may be too young, lol) Well, I saw this and thought it could also work for plants, and of course I thought of you as well. I think it would be a very attractive way to display even a plant you have growing in water such as an ivy.

hanging-luminaries.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine I have another idea for you; remember macrame hangers? (Actually, you may be too young, lol) Well, I saw this and thought it could also work for plants, and of course I thought of you as well. I think it would be a very attractive way to display even a plant you have growing in water such as an ivy.

hanging-luminaries.jpg

Actually I've never heard of macrame hangers, I don't think we have them in my country. I googled them and I think they're really interesting! I found some pretty pictures:

macrame%20plant%20hangers.jpg

macrame_hangers.jpg

Reaction score
I have some intricately designed jute pot hangers somewhere, similar to these in the picture. My bro gifted them to me.. Maybe I should find them and use them. They do look nice.. but I was worried that they may not hold the weight .

Reaction score
This isn't exactly a basket but. the idea is cool .. I really love this stuff.. take a look .. a light planter :)

Ryan-Taylor-Babylon-Lamp-2-537x402.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, Maddie, I love it, it's perfect:D . I would love to have something like this, it's a wonderful idea.

A colander can make a quite cute hanging flowerpot too:

0810144d4dd1ee5225adcf5e07b68665.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lol, this is the first time when I see a bra used as a flowerpot. I must say it's surprising:p
I love this chandelier - planter, it looks gorgeous. But one has to be really tall to water these plants.

Isn't this lovely?:

11386547.jpg

Ask a Question