Glass bubble garden

Reaction score
Love the ideas you posted. I almost bought one of those gadgets years ago but they were sold only off the T.V advertisements back then, where you pay an arm and a leg for shipping. I had since forgot about it, and was thinking of just getting a plain old glass cutter. Do you have this item, and does it do more than a small, cheap glass cutter can do?

I love all kinds of crafting, and love recycling things. Especially if some piece of garbage can be turned into something very useful.

You're welcome and yes although it was some 15 or so years ago now I did have one of those glass cutters - which as a beginner to glass cutting - I found quite useful as it held the bottle or jar firmly in place - which is partly why I mentioned it and also because sometimes people find that glass cutting is not for them after all - which as its relatively inexpensive - means that they wouldn't have had too much of an outlay to find that out.

However if you are used to crafting things with cutting tools - you may well find that a simple glass cutter will do - as although this doesn't sound particularly helpful - I've found that the best results come from choosing the cutting tool that you feel most comfortable working with and as bottle and glass cutting has now become an extremely popular hobby - I think you will find there is now plenty of choice - with wide range of glass cutting tools available online - suitable for both the beginner right through to the more advanced.

Reaction score
My husband will be thrilled that I now have yet another crafting hobby. After thinking about it, I opted for the glass cutting gadget.My coordination isn't the best these days and I think the rings would be easier to do with it. I'll be picking one up from amazon, thanks so much everyone for the great ideas. Don't worry about my husband, I will refuse to give up who got me started on it!!!!

Ask a Question