Glass bubble garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Becky, I couldn't agree more, this thread is very inspiring and some of these pictures are simply wonderful:D . I want to have pretty decorations like these in my home too!

I've found another lovely picture so I thought I'll share it with you:

il_fullxfull.358286981_69g7.jpg

Reaction score
Chanell, That sure does look cute. There seem to be endless possibilities..
Wine glass gardens anyone?
159877855491776700_sn75ulKz_c.jpg
189714203022511147_73ahRj6v_c.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
My wine glasses are for wine, LOL! But I do like the oversized brandy snifters with plants in them. I think they are very attractive for a table or mantle. I have a really nice tequila bottle with a stopper that would probably be good for a terrarium as well. Ah, so many ideas...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I sometimes use wine glasses as candlesticks, I would never think that you can grow plants in them...but it's a lovely idea:D
I love these decorations, they're so subtle:

art-glass-big.jpg

tvg1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
These are kind of neat, Claudine! I know someone who is a glass blower who makes ornaments and pond floats. These might be something new for her to think about.

Someone gave me a candelabra converter that sits in a wine bottle two birthdays ago. I might look for some interesting glasses to use as candle votives though to follow your example. My wine glasses are reserved for wine, lol!

Reaction score
They do look very pretty... I am really going to covert my wine glasses and brandy snifters for growing plants.. we don't drink or serve alcohol anymore... I guess a dianthus in a one of those would look beautiful ..
180355160047871507_PqBnn4AA_b.jpg

I wish I knew some glassblower lol .. I would love to have some very creatively blown glass ware.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Maddie are there any art markets near where you live? It's a good place to meet artists. Speaking of, I saw the niftiest thing on pinterest last night. The original source of the photo seems to no longer exist, but I was able to copy and paste this paper terrarium here. I'd love to do something like this.
237001999109874177_zwUfNXUF_b.jpg

BTW, if you search innas creations, you can see other stuff from this artist. There's a blog also, but I haven't looked at it yet.

Just saw this interesting pendant terrarium!
200621358370627573_NBpAR3wm_c.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I really like drinking white wine but I always find wine glasses so pretty that I'm tempted to use them as a decoration:D:p

These birds are adorable, aren't they?:

Wholesales-Hanging-glass-Bird-vase-wedding-holiday-party-decoration-Free-shipping-Hanging-glass-flower-garden-vase.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Oh, they are adorable! I'd love to have a few of these to suspend in front of a window. They'd also be nice suspended from an ornament hanger and used as a table centerpiece.

Reaction score
@ Claudine.. they look so beautiful... I wish I could find something like those for my windows in our new home... :)
@ Chanell, those stands are pretty innovative.. can be made with hanger wires I guess... looks so simple and easy to construct.. provided you get those bulbs to grow the plants in... those are really hard to find... :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Maddie I was thinking you might be able to re-bend a clothes hanger, but I'm not sure if the gauge is heavy enough. You would need a wire that you could shape, but would hold that shape once the bulb was in place.

As for the clear bulbs, you could order them from Amazon, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, or lightbulbdirect.com. I tried to find them without the filament, but nothing came up. I did find some for sale on Etsy after searching light bulb vase.

I found a site that shows repurpossed bulbs used for a lot of other things:
http://www.salvagedgrace.com/2011/09/01/repurposing-lightbulbs/#

I thought the one with the fish was clever.

Reaction score
Maddie I was thinking you might be able to re-bend a clothes hanger, but I'm not sure if the gauge is heavy enough. You would need a wire that you could shape, but would hold that shape once the bulb was in place.
As for the clear bulbs, you could order them from Amazon, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, or lightbulbdirect.com. I tried to find them without the filament, but nothing came up. I did find some for sale on Etsy after searching light bulb vase.
I found a site that shows repurpossed bulbs used for a lot of other things:
http://www.salvagedgrace.com/2011/09/01/repurposing-lightbulbs/#
I thought the one with the fish was clever.
I do have some aluminium wires which can do the job easily as well. They are thick and can hold up the structure and weight very well. I wouldn't like to order from Amazon.. as my shipping charges will be ten times the cost of the bulbs themselves. LOL .. I might find it in some of the recycling shops here.. I have so much on my hands right now...with the new house getting ready.. I may have to put my gardening adventures on the backburner for a bit... I would hate that though...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I completely understand. A year after the renovation and move I feel like my entire life is still on the back burner. It's so hard to get organized! I feel like I am always trying to catch up. I'm happy with my plants though, even if I am starting to be overrun, lol.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
These pictures have given me ideas for Christmas gifts. I think I will be trolling the second hand stores to see what I can find that can be used in some of the above pictures. I agree with ChanellG my wine glasses are reservered for my wine thank you very much.

Ask a Question