Do you think coffee or tea or anything else on a daily basis?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Nothing like a hot cuppa. It's English Breakfast for me. Lots of water as well but come 6ish, or 5.30ish, it's a nice cold glass of white wine for me. I love a walk around my garden, all cleaned up after gardening, dinner organised, table set, animals fed, with a glass of wine in one hand and secataurs in the other.:p:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Deborahjane, we are soul sisters! I love a cup of smoky Lapsang Souchong tea in the morning, and then in the evening, a glass or two of chilled white wine after getting the hens in and walking about, looking at the roses and other flowers, and planning the garden activities for the next day.
I admit, on a cold winter evening I like a cup of strong, black coffee with just a drop or two of whiskey in it. Somehow the whiskey negates the caffeine in the coffee (or maybe it's the big drop or two of whiskey that makes getting to sleep so easy!)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing like a hot cuppa. It's English Breakfast for me. Lots of water as well but come 6ish, or 5.30ish, it's a nice cold glass of white wine for me. I love a walk around my garden, all cleaned up after gardening, dinner organised, table set, animals fed, with a glass of wine in one hand and secataurs in the other.:p:)

BLISS!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Deborahjane, we are soul sisters! I love a cup of smoky Lapsang Souchong tea in the morning, and then in the evening, a glass or two of chilled white wine after getting the hens in and walking about, looking at the roses and other flowers, and planning the garden activities for the next day.
I admit, on a cold winter evening I like a cup of strong, black coffee with just a drop or two of whiskey in it. Somehow the whiskey negates the caffeine in the coffee (or maybe it's the big drop or two of whiskey that makes getting to sleep so easy!)

BLISS!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Carbonated drinks are very bad for teeth, @Sheal ! Might be better just to stick to your water. I had a stint on water and might do so again. The tea that I am having now tastes like coloured water, with a foul taste.. I keep asking myself why I spend money on these teabags..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@alp if you like ---smoky Lapsang Souchong tea then you'd like Russian Caravan, also smoky.
@Sheal I also don't do carbonated drinks, such as the coke type stuff, much to sweet for me. once a year (and I did not do it this year--did not get around to it) I like a root beer float. about 4 X a year I might have a ginger ale. but in general its water for most of the day after my morning coffee and until I get home, unless I am stationed somewhere and think a cup of tea would be nice and can get it. Hey no one has mentioned Hot Cocoa, now that I have not had in sometime, guess I have to wait until the snow is on the ground to be inspired to making that. But I only would drink Hot Cocoa in the months with the letter "R".

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Esther Knapicius I'm not that keen on smoky tea! LOL! I remember one accountant boss whose breath smelt like tar .. Quite shocking.. so it could be Lapsang and not Darjeeling .. All I remember was that tea had a funny name..

I just love a cup of black tea with milk .. I need to start drinking tea for my health's sake ..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We cut out all soda over a year ago. I saw a Dr. Oz program a while back where he said that if you do only one thing for your health, cut out soda...whether you drink sugared soda or diet soda...and, we don't miss it. We also cut out tonic water for our "gin and tonics" because of all the sugar in it. We have greatly reduced our sugar intake (sucrose). (Helped me lose over 40 pounds since April.) Other than a couple of cups of coffee in the morning and a gin and lemon seltzer water in the evening, we drink a tremendous amount of water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Deborahjane, we are soul sisters! I love a cup of smoky Lapsang Souchong tea
Sorry @alp, I wanted that responds for @marlingardener about the smokey tea, as she liked smoky teas.

My mother never let us kids have sodas, so my first sip of one was at age 16, it was horrid. still can't figure out why people drink the stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I drink about 12 cups of coffee a day. I grind the beans (Java Club). Strong wine turns my face the same colour as it does Alps. Summer evenings I will drink a white wine that I dilute with an Italian fruit juice. (no red face). If Whiskey is offered, I drink it straight on the rocks (only a couple). Vodka, well just put a bit a water in it for me. Back in the day that was my drink, Vodka and water and party all night. Now 15 yrs ago I woke up one morning with the worst hangover I ever had, I promised myself I would never have another hangover and I haven't. I also love clamato juice and I can drink 4 litres of milk a day.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Tea, not the green one, probably makes holes in your bones whilst coffee damage the ability to see contrast in your eyes..

Now, what am I drinking? Coloured murky water and I wouldn't call that tea. A lovely cup of tea has a fresh tannin in it.. Need to make a list of all these murky waters..LOL!

Ask a Question