Do you think coffee or tea or anything else on a daily basis?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
if he's not sweet enough :ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:

Er??..Wot? Be careful, he might be looking at what you typed whilst standing behind you. My son did it all the times. He has such good eye sight! He would laugh when I told @Verdun off for pinching MY sunshine, which he often does.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I really like using the coffee grinds. They smell gorgeous and they add to the acidity of my compost for the blueberries, camellias, and rhodos. They might even deter slugs and snails.

I wish I had tons of fallen leaves to create leaf mould. The latter is brilliant for meconopsis.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this year/next year, I will have meconopsis flowering in my garden.. A feat as they don't do well in this part of the UK. In Scotland, yes, but not here, in droghty Essex.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Er??..Wot? Be careful, he might be looking at what you typed whilst standing behind you. My son did it all the times. He has such good eye sight! He would laugh when I told @Verdun off for pinching MY sunshine, which he often does.

No he would be fine with it.......:LOL: I always joke with him and tell him to add sugar if he's feeling grumpy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You're so vivacious and I love your humour, @Upsy Daisy ! Always cheer me up reading your messages! I bet my son would love your humour, too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah. thanks @alp......in a world sadly filled with too many horrendous events going on in it.........you have to encourage the brighter side to shine through occasionally :)

Nothing better for banishing the blues that sharing a giggle..... or three with loved ones and friends:D:D(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Here we go again

The power of four cups of coffee a day: Beverage can cut the risk of heart disease, help you live longer and also lower the chances of developing cancer, diabetes, liver disease and dementia
  • This amount cuts the risk of heart disease by 15% and early death by 17%
  • Also reduces chance of certain cancers, diabetes, liver disease and dementia
  • Drinking coffee in moderation is 'more likely to benefit health than harm'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5108561/The-power-four-cups-coffee-day.html#ixzz4zEUbobgK

Wonder if this research is sponsored by coffee chains ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I drink around 8 cups of strong black tea a day, the only tea I drink is Twining s Earl Grey Black tea X bold. I make sun tea from it, the stronger the better :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
good thought, there are always hidden agendas . like Medical journals are written by health insurance companies.

Agree. Some German chain stores use some popular newspapers to peddle their goods, saying that their creams are better than the more expensive or their Egyptian cotton linen is the best. But they never expose the fact that these articles are sponsored. This has whipped a lot of business for these stores, to the detriment of the existing traditional ones whose small shops treat locals with contempt as they were like gold mines for those with limited mobility. Now these new stores have helped lower the prices .. Hard to say the new stores are good as they don't have the quality of the older chain stores, but if you have a big family and everything can be consumed quickly, you certainly can save money and budget and eat well.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What do you drink mostly? Where do you get your tea or coffee. Do you have a favorite brand?

How do you like your coffee, strong espresso? creamy froth?

On festive occasions, what do you drink to pamper yourself?

I drink coffee in the morning, then switch to water, or sometimes an alcoholic beverage if I am at home. I like my coffee strong, and usually drink Folgers brand coffee, I love the Black Silk variety. :love: Sometimes espresso, or a cappuccino or latte, but those are purchased, not made at home. If I choose an alcoholic beverage, :oops: it often leads to too many of them, so they are followed later by copious amounts of water!!

I don't think I really have a "pampering" drink. :confused: I like strong coffee mixed with hot chocolate and marshmallows upon occasion. Now that it's winter, a lot of places are putting peppermint in coffee, and I like that. (Note to self - get peppermint syrup for adding to my coffee!!)

I drink six cups of coffee per day, only in the morning, but curiously it only fills my cup 2-1/2 times:confused:....no comment necessary on my math skills :D

Ah! This is not a problem with your math skills! :) The coffee-maker industry "standard" cup is about 6 ounces. (Years ago, coffee cups were smaller, and they wanted to leave room for cream, while having it low enough in the cup that you could carry it without sloshing it out.) Now, the standard coffee cup holds about 9 ounces. (I measured three of my coffee cups for that info...depending on the size of the mug you use, YMMV.)

https://cooking.stackexchange.com/q...aker-always-6-oz-is-this-a-standard-in-the-us

You mean too overbearing.. ?? ...(snip)...
Oh, crumbs! I should have proof read.. Do you drink instead of Do you think

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Sorry, @alp, that is hilarious!!
I believe "The pot calls the kettle black" is apropos for this thread!! :p :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

its more crap to throw out to mother nature.

@alp and @Upsy Daisy, I think @Esther Knapicius was referring to the plastic cups they package the grounds in for the pods. Although - Esther, they now make reusable filters to use in the machines. You can use any brand of coffee, and no plastic pods to throw out! (y)

th

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Ah! This is not a problem with your math skills! :) The coffee-maker industry "standard" cup is about 6 ounces. (Years ago, coffee cups were smaller, and they wanted to leave room for cream, while having it low enough in the cup that you could carry it without sloshing it out.) Now, the standard coffee cup holds about 9 ounces. (I measured three of my coffee cups for that info...depending on the size of the mug you use, YMMV.)

https://cooking.stackexchange.com/q...aker-always-6-oz-is-this-a-standard-in-the-us
Yes, I know my coffee cups hold more than a "cup's" worth of liquid (8-ounces), mine hold a full 12-ounces when filled to the rim, but of course I leave room for cream, so my cups are probably around 10 ounces.

However, I did not know that the coffee industry redefined the cup to contain six ounces. Makes me want to take a measuring cup to my coffee pot:geek:

Ask a Question