Do you think coffee or tea or anything else on a daily basis?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Most people drink coffee or tea..

What do you drink mostly? Where do you get your tea or coffee. Do you have a favorite brand?

I have been very disappointed with my tea. Do you drink black tea, green tea or herbal tea? My tea tastes like dishwashing water or looks as diabolical ..

How do you like your coffee, strong espresso? creamy froth?

On festive occasions, what do you drink to pamper yourself?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Coffee...2 cups a day...in the morning...8 O'clock brand of Columbian Perks with some 1/2 and 1/2. Don't need or want anything else or pampering.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You're very regimented, @MoonShadows ! Only 2. I think I have 6 cups of tea a day. I like my tea very strong and I always squeeze my teabags HARD and sometimes they split:eek::eek:! And I would leave my teabag so as to enjoy the last bit of strong tea flavour.

I add very little milk, and hopefully I can taste the tanin in the tea in the last few drops. But alas, I found out the PG tips were brand and the tea tasted old and like saw dust. So I stopped drinking for a while. After a period of abstinence, I couldn't help myself and went for Sainsburys Black tea, but soon they have turned out not much better. Sometimes, I had green tea but I missed my normal tea so much that I still added milk!

Went for cheaper tea in Aldi and Lidl and they are disappointing. I love the aroma of coffee, but it's too bitter for me. I never add any sugar to my drinks. I used to like the coffee from the Italian little pump until I saw the dirt and grime inside the little pump and then the coffee leaked everywhere. Now that I have gas hob cooker, I can't use the pump any more. So no more coffee for me. Even when I drank the coffee from the pump, I liked to add quite a bit of milk and Lavazza was my favorite.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I begin to think I am addicted to tea! That's why I use that word. 2 cups saves a lot of money .. and I just don't have that kind of control.

I don't drink alcohol for occasions.. Alcohol turns my face magenta ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I drink a pot of coffee each day. I drink till it's gone. Usually around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I can't stand hot tea but I love Ice Tea. During the hot months of summer I can kill a gallon in 2 days. I like it straight or just a drop of lemon juice added. With my dinner I like a cold beer, the darker the better.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We used to have iced tea in the summer too. Now, just the thought of it makes my teeth clatter! We also had tea with coffee as a mixed drink. Iced coffee was also very popular, but not for me. Tea with lemon and ice was also very popular.

@Silentrunning Sounds like you're enjoying life.. different beverages for different times .. They give you a sense of structure and routine .. I am now sipping my tea.. not bad.. not so revolting as that I drank before. But the tannin is sadly too weak to give me the thrill.. or satisfaction.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
About 3 cups of coffee in the morning with a little half & half, And its Peets coffee beans. Try to push water then when I get to work. but if I want something else then its black tea, either oolong or Russian Caravan. When I get home its a glass of red wine, or two. Or sometime a gin or vodka martini with blue cheese stuffed olive. "Pamper" myself??? don't need a festive occasion to do that, pretty much drink the same stuff every day. Add an occasional glass of juice. About 5 times a year I may drink a ginger ale. Hate Pepsi, or coke. Maybe in the summer will make a jug of Lemonade, or Rhubarb water. Might make up some Lavender syrup for the lemonade if I feel like it. Sometime in the heat of the summer, a cold beer is nice, a chimay. Try to drink a glass or two of water when I can remember. As far as Iced Tea, maybe twice a year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Nothing beats Strong tea with ginger juice and pinch of fine dust of freshly ground black pepper on top.
tea.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I drink six cups of coffee per day, only in the morning, but curiously it only fills my cup 2-1/2 times:confused:....no comment necessary on my math skills :D

I then jump on my bike and ride 20-30 miles(y)

P.S. I don't have a favorite brand of coffee, still looking for the perfect brew :cautious:

EDIT: Since this site is mostly European, maybe I should have said...ride 30-50 kilometers...:ROFLMAO::D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That is a recipe I have never heard before! It sounds like it could even cure a hangover.

Ginger can upset stomach if you take more.:sick:
I was referring to strong tea (normal-tea bag) with few drops of ginger juice and pinch of black pepper powder.:LOL:

Not the other one, ginger tea:ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question