I grow coffee

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Coffee is one of my favorite things in this world:love: I just love it. Now, I can grow a coffee plant:D My local supermarket was selling them, so I bought one and put it on a table in my living room.
Its leaves are beautiful:

20160701_174458.jpg

20160701_174511.jpg

Unfortunately, it doesn't smell like coffee.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you. It was my dream to grow coffee and I'm so glad it came true:) The plant is lovely.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You've got me shopping online for those. they don't seem too expensive. I wonder if I could rig some grow lamps and grow a set of arabica in the window in front of our coffee bar... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is interesting to grow coffee inside and your plant looks very nice and healthy. Can't wait to see you have some beans :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Now that's a plant I've never considered before - I'm curious to know how hard they are to keep alive! You'll have to keep us informed! It does have very beautiful leaves!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
A coffee plant wouldn't be on my list, but your plant is beautiful! Can't wait to see how you maintain this plant, this is really interesting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you everyone!:D My coffee plant developed two new leaves and looks very healthy, so I feel like a proud coffee grower;):D

ziskasun

A seed once sown never dies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wow... that's awesome! Do you know if there are coffee plant "seeds?" This may seem like a dumb question, but, can you get coffee from it? (ie will it grow coffee beans) It looks great, but I'm so disappointed that it doesn't smell like coffee!

iRoxas

Squeaky Mouse
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
United States
I think the plants look lovely! I can't wait to see what they'll look like once you continue to help it grow :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Ziskasun - yes, I think you can grow coffee from seed, but I've never tried it.
IRoxas - thank you:) I'll keep posting pictures of my coffee plant here:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently coffee was discovered by goats :)

35878616.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Congratulations Claudine for your cute coffee plants. I come from the tropics where coffee is widely grown and it requires hot and wet agronomic conditions to thrive. Do you come from a similar zone in terms of climatic conditions? If not, this might contribute to the smell you are attributing your plants to. Otherwise don't lose heart. I have some coffee plants growing wild in our compound along the fence and this has encouraged me to preserve them because they are of the same size as yours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Congratulations Claudine for your cute coffee plants. I come from the tropics where coffee is widely grown and it requires hot and wet agronomic conditions to thrive. Do you come from a similar zone in terms of climatic conditions? If not, this might contribute to the smell you are attributing your plants to. Otherwise don't lose heart. I have some coffee plants growing wild in our compound along the fence and this has encouraged me to preserve them because they are of the same size as yours.
Thank you:) I live in Poland. Coffee plants wouldn't survive outside here, because winters are cold. But my apartment is warm and humidity is high here, so I hope that my plant will grow healthy. I plan to keep it indoors.

Ask a Question