Do you think coffee or tea or anything else on a daily basis?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Strong wine turns my face the same colour as it does Alps

I don't even need strong wine to do that. With that excuse, I don't need to buy any wine. Hurrah! I can't believe Dr Foster in the eponymous TV series drinks wine every time she opens the fridge.. and that sends a subliminal message to viewers that they should or could be like her - drinking wine day and night.

Whoa! @johnny canoe You surely have been a proper teenager! I had to google what clamato juice. I love milk, definitely. When I first came here, milk was the first and only thing endearing this country to me.. Fresh, coconuty .. It doesn't taste like that any more! The chicken and pork tasted bland and soulless!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Having lived in East Africa for years, I like a daily shot of chai, a milky black tea with way too much sugar in it. I make mine spiced with fresh ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and a touch of black pepper.

Fortunately my wife drinks coffee so we have grounds to put on our ferns. Did you know that used coffee grounds are a weak source of N that plants love?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
3333%2B%25285%2529.gif

I learn it from a tea seller, near bus stop while waiting for bus. Its best for cold weather or in the morning.(y)

I do the black pepper thing too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Teenage drinking, you want, LOL. lets see Whisky sours, screwdrivers, vodka tonics. Brandy Alexanders, Golden Caddys, God Fathers, some of this is young adult hood. Sometime I would get a drink to match what I was wearing also, LOL. I really did not get into beers for a long time, even now its the bottom of my drink list. I would say mostly when not out and about it was water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I hope all can hold their drink well.

Here, we drink on special occasion only(marriages, get together), sometimes small occasions become special can't help that.:whistle:

Fact about teeth, like in bones calcium from blood are absorbed and released to maintain balance.
Saliva does the work of blood. So, less calcium in body means it will release calcium from bones to balance it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
For the coffee lovers

Drinking three cups of coffee each day could save your life: Beverage slashes the risk of fatal liver diseases by 70%, reveals review
  • Coffee has high quantities of caffeine, kahweol, cafestol and antioxidants
  • Scientists believe this is where the drink's life-saving benefits stem from
  • A review found coffee reduces the risk of liver disease, liver cancer and cirrhosis
  • Charities state coffee is an 'easy' change to reduce the risk of an early death

I wonder if the research has been funded by coffee lobbyists?? It's like Heinz sponsored research said that tomato ketchup is good for you.

And here is another research

Caffeine and Your Eyesight

Caffeine-300x229.jpg
One adverse side effect of caffeine that many people don’t know about is the effect it can have on your eyesight. New research found in The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology suggested that people who consume heavy amounts of caffeine put themselves at a higher risk of losing their vision. The study focused on whether or not caffeine could be linked to the disease exfoliation glaucoma, which is a known cause of blindness.

Researchers found that participants who reported drinking three cups or more of caffeinated coffee per day were at a higher risk of developing exfoliation glaucoma. The results were interesting though in the fact that they linked coffee consumption to exfoliation glaucoma, and ruled out other drinks and foods that were caffeinated. This showed researchers that some compound that is found in coffee, when mixed with caffeine, can cause glaucoma.

https://www.rebuildyourvision.com/blog/food-for-your-eyes/how-caffeine-affects-eyesight/

I think everything with moderation is the key ..Now onto my 2nd cup of tea.. Perhaps only 3 a day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I always drink my coffee with just a little milk in it. like two tablespoons. Cause I heard many years ago that the milk helps block what ever coffee does to the absorption of calcium to your bones. With that said, I am now researching that information, have no clue who told me that, or what credibility they had. anyway. I have found this interesting link ---http://www.nutritionmyths.com/is-drinking-coffee-with-milk-bad-for-you/

Sometime, when out at a restaurant I do only drink it totally black coffee for dessert.

BTW, my undergraduate degree is in Public Health Education. so I do have a tendency to seek stuff out, and look at different sides. etc. Hopefully I am not to overbearing.

Ask a Question