Do you think coffee or tea or anything else on a daily basis?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Esther Knapicius Your daily life certainly is NOT boring.. So many different sorts of drinks.. I think Darjeeling is what we should stay away from as the drinker's breath smelt like tar .. from cigarette.

Ooops, my tea cup is empty again... :eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ginger can upset stomach if you take more.:sick:
I was referring to strong tea (normal-tea bag) with few drops of ginger juice and pinch of black pepper powder.:LOL:

Not the other one, ginger tea:ROFLMAO:

Black pepper powder! Are you pulling my leg? I put black pepper powder on everything else though!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That makes me cackle.. Whoooo, you sound like my late mother in law! She's a very nice lady!
3333%2B%25285%2529.gif

Black pepper powder! Are you pulling my leg? I put black pepper powder on everything else though!

I learn it from a tea seller, near bus stop while waiting for bus. Its best for cold weather or in the morning.(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Do you grow pepper in your country, Raj? Can I try it with a pepper corn or the pepper corns we have here have been roasted?

I can assure you the tea would smell heavenly with the addition of pepper..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Just the old plain black pepper corn, crushed. Powder black pepper tend to lose flavor over time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't drunk tea or coffee for 25 years, a gastric bug put me off it and I haven't touched it since, I don't like the smell of it now either. I drink water or weak diluted cordial. I've also been teetotal for many years, my tastes have changed with age and I don't like it anymore.

We still use miles here in Britain @roadrunner :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't drunk tea or coffee for 25 years, a gastric bug put me off it and I haven't touched it since, I don't like the smell of it now either. I drink water or weak diluted cordial. I've also been teetotal for many years, my tastes have changed with age and I don't like it anymore.

We still use miles here in Britain @roadrunner :)

Saved you a lot of money and plain water is better for your health. I remember a dentist said that best is to drink water, not any fruit juice, tea or coffee. If my tea keeps tasting this way, I will have another stint of no more tea until Christmas!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good question alp. (y)

9 mugs of tea per day unless I'm thirsty then more; tea and a glass of tap water at mealtimes.

I only ever drink Morrison's Decaf tea. Many years ago I was troubled by my hands shaking and suffering powerful headaches wondering what was wrong with me? Whilst out in the car I heard a doctor discussing tea drinking on the car radio; at that time I drank strong caffeinated tea; the doctor said this kind of tea led to all kinds of health problems including shaking hands and he recommended Decaf tea;

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Morrisons-Decaffeinated-Tea-Bags-160s/250875011

Both Bron and I immediately switched to Decaf tea and I've been fine ever since; no shaking hands and no more headaches. We use Aldi Fresh Soya in our tea due to my dairy intolerance; Aldi fresh Soya drink costing 59p per litre compared to Morrison's £1.11 per litre; I can't tell the difference between them but as we use a lot of Fresh Soya we save over £300 per year buying fresh Soya at Aldi which is one of very few items we buy at Aldi.

We fill a glass jug with tap water and place this in the fridge so we enjoy cold water at mealtimes. Why pay for bottled water when we see it running down our windows and doors most of the year and pay a lot of money on water rates?

We are both teetotal in the extreme; Bron likes a coffee and these are sachets bought at Morrison's whichever are on special offer. Bron also likes pure orange juice but I stick to tea and water only.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
. I remember a dentist said that best is to drink water, not any fruit juice, tea or coffee.
that dentist had no clue---what he was talking about with coffee---so many good things have surfaced as to how good it is for you recently. Fruit juice can be good as long as its "real' and not mucked up with too much sugar etc. "in all things moderation" Tea also is know to have good health properties, again "in all things moderation".

@Sheal have you tried Postum? my mom used to drink that in the morning, as I recall it was ok. here it is---https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postum

https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/is-coffee-good-for-you

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-17286/9-surprising-health-benefits-of-drinking-tea.html

I frankly get tired of doctors giving out incorrect information. but that is another story.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Always drink Taylor's Yorkshire Tea strong white no sugar around 6 a day 1 coffee sometimes .

Is that the tea promoted by the Brownleas or there is ANOTHER Yorkshire tea?

Ask a Question