Indoor Coffee Tree w/ wilted, curled in leaves

Reaction score
Country
United States
My wife and I picked up a coffee tree about 6 weeks ago from a local plant shop. looked healthy and green when purchased but has slowly gone to a wilted look on 3 of the 4 main branches. The plant has indirect filtered light from a south facing window. We water roughly once a week when the soil feels dry at the top. Tried a humidifier and misting every other day as well. Ambient temp is 75 through-out the day with ~ 51% humidity inside. In an 8 in planter as sold by the plant shop. We think we may have over-watered but really not sure. I am confused that 1 of the 4 main branches looks mostly healthy while the other 3 seem like their dying. Found a few white bugs (aphids?) on plant as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20170619_183733.jpg 20170619_183724.jpg 20170619_183715.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Coffee plants are from places with high humidity and 51 is not high. It looks as if the roots are staying too wet too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Chuck. We've been misting and added a tray of pebbles/water underneath for extra humidity near the plant. I don't know if this is enough or not. Of course the plant shop never said anything about needing a higher than normal level of humidity indoors. For Seattle, that's anywhere from 35-55% unless you humidify constantly.

For the roots, we'll let it dry pretty thoroughly for the week to see if the plant improves. We sprayed the plant with organic solution for the aphids/scale? we found.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks Chuck. We've been misting and added a tray of pebbles/water underneath for extra humidity near the plant. I don't know if this is enough or not. Of course the plant shop never said anything about needing a higher than normal level of humidity indoors. For Seattle, that's anywhere from 35-55% unless you humidify constantly.

For the roots, we'll let it dry pretty thoroughly for the week to see if the plant improves. We sprayed the plant with organic solution for the aphids/scale? we found.
What organic solution for scale?

Reaction score
Country
United States
We found what looked to be aphids originally, decided to use an organic dish soap and water mixture. Later we suspected the bugs might be soft scale. Super new to growing anything and it seems both bugs can be battled with this concoction.

Ask a Question