Outdoor Coffee Machine

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everybody, I've been reading the forum for a while and decided to join for real today and come out from the shadows of my garden :p
Perhaps you could help me with something. I would like to implement a coffee machine in my garden, I'm developing a project to build a gazebo and wire it there. While the small area where it will be implemented inside the gazebo is going to be protected from sun light/rain, I don't want to enclosure the whole place and I wonder if the machines I have in mind will be up for the task and not deteriorate with time due to moist from the air - though I want to cover it when I'm not using to protect against dust.

My question is, does anyone have something like that, a coffee machine wired outdoors?
I would like some advice, thank you for reading!

Antonny

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum! Sounds intriguing :) Which zone are you in?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
my question is Why? would you want to? Lets see, have to lug water to the machine every time you use it. Yes you could have a space for all the other stuff. Just think its simpler to carry an Insulated container of coffee to the gazebo. And you can explore solar lights to help with lighting at night, or candles. I have a gazebo, about 90 paces from the back of my house in my valley garden. Anyway, welcome.
Gazebo.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Brewing coffee is a pleasure in itself sometimes ( I have some going right now and can't wait to have a cup) and brewing it outside reminds me of camping. Not much more pleasant than a nice hot cup of coffee outside on a beautiful cool morning. If you do get things wired up just make a nice little coffee cozy to go over the coffee machine while not in use or a coffee maker garage like they have in kitchen cabinetry for stand up mixes and food processors .You might consider a modest solar set up and a 12 volt RV - Travel type coffee maker or even just a nice heat source and a percolator or nice heat source to get water hot and use a french press. The heat source could be a simple as a small fire pit to one of those nice propane fire pits. Sounds nice and there are lots options.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That may be odd and difficult if you do not have already the infrastructure for this. I don't know any machine that is built "moist-proof" though, perhaps those that are made on stainless steel mostly, like some KRUPS and DeLonghi models, depends what you want from your coffee too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
my question is Why? would you want to? Lets see, have to lug water to the machine every time you use it. Yes you could have a space for all the other stuff. Just think its simpler to carry an Insulated container of coffee to the gazebo. And you can explore solar lights to help with lighting at night, or candles. I have a gazebo, about 90 paces from the back of my house in my valley garden. Anyway, welcome. View attachment 11551
I have some fancy and crazy ideas sometimes lol by the summer I like to spend a lot of time outdoors so I'm already brainstorming to, perhaps, start this project by May. I thought about the gazebo and I would just get this machine there to make me company while I read or spend time with friends, since I would be there for A LONG WHILE during the day, coming back and forth would be annoying.
To make it worst I'm kinda of a coffee snob too lol and the kind of machine I would wire there would not be the typical compact one, I thought on some DeLonghi Magnifica S and I am prepared to also get the plumbing system over there to refill it. I think I'll get back to scratch because now that I see your gazebo I thought maybe windows and glass doors would not be a bad idea.
Btw, beautiful garden you got there, looks really pleasant and your cute kitties make it even better. I love that mister on fancy white boots :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
The openings in my Gazebo are only screens, no glass. Usually, I find myself sitting in the Gazebo later in the day, with a glass of wine in my hand. In the mornings I am meandering around all my gardens with a cup of coffee and the cats follow me around. I have thought about a dry bar in the gazebo. This year the gazebo needs a complete re-do, the outside wood need re staining, and some tearing apart of plantings in the front. The inside furniture still in good shape, just some black spray should do it. But all needs to be removed before I can totally blast clean the place with water. I 've been toying with a hit of blue stain for the outside. we shall see.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used to take my Aeropress and grinder with me on outdoor trips. There was basically no cleanup, just wiping it with a wet paper towel. It is also small and made out of plastic. A cup of coffee by a quiet campfire does more for my mental health than a $300/hour therapist.
Now I do mine in either a small percolator or one of those two-serving Mochapot contraptions. Cowboy coffee in a pinch.

Ask a Question