Do you think coffee or tea or anything else on a daily basis?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully I am not to overbearing.

You mean too overbearing.. ?? ummm... Don't worry, we all come across like that sometimes, but only sometimes.. LOL!

Oh, crumbs! I should have proof read.. Do you drink instead of Do you think.. Sorry for that!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I will do the same from now on.
Get fresh ginger. I grate a small bit of ginger to fill a table spoon. Then I add four cups of water into a pan and add the ginger. Boil for 12 mins. Once boiled pour water over a strainer to get rid of ginger. You will have some ginger tea left over so you can have it cold at a later date.

Oh forgot you can add lemon and honey.
Enjoy

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds brilliant, @Dontuluvgardening ! I have potted up some ginger and one has sent up a stem and the other has roots but they are now FREEEEEZING in my lean-to. I will try my best to keep them alive! I will see if I can get some next week in the market as they tend to be fresher. Those selling for 99p in the supermarket looked shrivelled and old. Must keep an eye out for reduced lemons. I have seeded tons of Clementines and lemons, but something had removed the bark and it's too cold for them here. I still have a few, with leaves full of holes. But I will persevere. I wish to have one flower at least from home grown citrus seeds. The fragrance is incredible..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
You mean too overbearing.. ?? ummm... Don't worry, we all come across like that sometimes, but only sometimes.. LOL!

Oh, crumbs! I should have proof read.. Do you drink instead of Do you think.. Sorry for that!
Believe it or not, I got all A's in English classes in high school and in college. In fact the teacher would raise up my papers and say, "this is exactly what I wanted".

Breakfast this morning, strong dark coffee with a bit of cream, two french toasts and delicious uncured bacon.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Esther, just for a laugh. Please don't take it to heart.

I think it should be punctuated like this:

... my papers and say, "This is exactly what I wanted." ...

Am I correct or are you correct? I could be wrong!

Oh, bacon! I love the crispy yellow bit...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Tea and coffee drinkers here!

Also drink a few cups of hot water daily too, usually start and finish the day with this.

We have a whole cupboard full of tea......if I really had to choose my fave it would be between Redbush, Ahmed, Earl Grey, Green Tea. Chamomile and finally Ginger Tea...... I think.maybe Chamomile might just win!
Added to our collection is a whole range of fruit teas as well....

Despite having 'both ' types of tea ....hubs and I only drink decaffeinated.............black with no sugar.

Again our coffee consumption is mostly decaffeinated too .... although we have the whole range!!

Our current fave is an Oaked Whiskey coffee.....yum!

Also have a Black Forest Gateaux Hot Chocolate to try....mmmm!

We have a right old collection of coffees....beans, ground, instant and sachets..... variety is the spice of life!!!

Coffee is also drunk black and without sugar too.

My tipples.... Baileys, Wine ,Whiskey, Brandy........but sadly alcohol doesn't really agree with me.....upsets my kidneys so rarely drink it ,but when I do it's only a titchy glass!

Absolutely hate fizzy ( soda) drinks, and don't drink fruit cordials.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Esther, just for a laugh. Please don't take it to heart.

I think it should be punctuated like this:

... my papers and say, "This is exactly what I wanted." ...

Am I correct or are you correct? I could be wrong!

Oh, bacon! I love the crispy yellow bit...
I am not going to worry about it for now. I am here, I type here, get it done. At work my private assistant fixes those issues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp have you tried those coffee machines that use pods ?

We bought my Dad one for Christmas a couple of years ago . I must say that they are quite good and the variety of different coffees and the strength ranges is very good too, Very handy for a quick coffee ( and not instant) or for an individual cup for a number of people who all have different coffee tastes. My Dad has quite a large collection of different pods now....including Cadburys Hot Chocolate ones too.....yum:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a few of our teas......
IMG_20171120_203440.jpg
IMG_20171120_203350.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
have you tried those coffee machines that use pods ?
me personally, well you did not actually ask me. would never use them. its more crap to throw out to mother nature. and most are flavored cheap beans which taste horrid, in my personal opinion. however, you did not ask me.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Coffee grind is very good for opening clay soil. I myself specifically go up to the Café to collect it. It is not crap at all. They keep the egg shells and coffee grind for me. They are brilliant for any ecologically minded gardeners.

It's an open forum for us to share opinions which could be right or wrong or irrelevant. So don't worry about not being asked, Esther!

We are a friendly bunch who like to chat, inform or be informed, help (ooops, that sounds patronising!), embrace or discard or ignore.

A woman living across the road swore by Dolce Guisto .. She said that it was an important way she pampered herself during the day.. Not that her opinion was sacrosanct!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy Love your array of teas .. I used to buy decaff for ex as he drinks too much coffee. Then I read that they use something nasty to remove the caffeine.. You just don't know. One day, they say tea or coffee is good for you, the next day, other lobbyists promote decaff.. and after that the purists diss them.. Life is getting so complicated...

But we always laugh a cheeky laugh and dismiss all propaganda with a pinch of salt.. so many people with vested interests ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
me personally, well you did not actually ask me. would never use them. its more crap to throw out to mother nature. and most are flavored cheap beans which taste horrid, in my personal opinion. however, you did not ask me.

@Esther Knapicius , thank you for responding to my question addressed to @alp !! Each to their own.....we all have different tastes and needs, As @alp knows ,from our private conversations , my Dad is in his 90's and very frail and it suits him well. We bought him a top rated one.....not a cheap old one and the vast range of coffees is excellent.:D:D..........but then that is only my personal opinion:)(y)

Hi there @alp :) ......absolutely (y).....we use all our spent coffee grounds in our garden too....also empty out Dad's pods around his garden as well (y)......never ever do we ' throw **** out to mother nature ':(

Ask a Question