Animals in your garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thank you @Becky.

Human urine will sink into the soil and only smell temporarily, it is good fertilizer for your plants also. People who are camping in the wilderness often pee a circle around the tents to keep wolves and bears from getting too close. Peeing establishes territory and most wild animals will respect it and stay away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Evidently human urine will benefit your plants, not harm them Aki. Reference the recent thread "the best fertilizer..." where experiments have been done on seedlings using human urine. The seedlings receiving human urine grew significantly better than the ones not given human urine.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
Netherlands
The seedlings receiving human urine grew significantly better than the ones not given human urine.
it's generally diluted 1/10 incase you want to use it.

go with 1/15 if you're a male.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not talking about using gallons of it Icecold but just enough to let cats know there's a boundary. Human urine will smell a lot less than cat urine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Thank you very much Becky. I chose to "ignore" this member (the only one i ignore on the forums). For people who are weary of and/or insulted by this kind of dialogue, this is one option. None of the posts appear on the threads of someone you set-up as being ignored although you do have an option to "show ignored content". Sometimes people who are rude do have some positive comments to add to a thread that may be worthwhile to read but i have not found that to be the case with this member, so i have resorted to the "ignore" option.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This little critter struck a post for me today.

squirrel_1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
This little critter struck a post for me today.

View attachment 11975
How cute. How did you get so close or do you have a zoom lens. I recently had an echidna, Australian version of a hedgehog i think, in my front yard. By the time I got my ipad and ran down I unfortunately chased it away. I wish I'd just savoured the moment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks. My camera has zoom, but not ZOOM. It's a very good compact camera. The squirrel was only around 6 feet away.

Hmm...I see I misspelled "pose". Hate when that happens.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
We all do that @granjera so i knew what you meant:) It is such a beautiful photo and with such clarity...it really made my day. Some days it just happens that the photo subject and the surroundings work together to make such a beautiful magic image.(y)

Ask a Question