Land and Water Animals

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking for a thread to post the pictures below but couldn't find one that was appropriate, so here it is! Feel free to add to it. :)

Highland Bull

IMG_3627.JPG

IMG_3628.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Sheal, we saw our first Highland cattle at a county fair--Mutt and Jeff. They are so darned cute!
We have land and water animals here on the farm. Here's a water animal--a great Blue Heron. We have them year round at the pond.
Blue Heron Reflection 3.jpg

And here are land animals, a pair of fawns that appeared in our pasture one morning. Mama wasn't far away.
Deer b.jpg

We love the wildlife that appears here (maybe not skunks) and feed birds, don't allow hunting, and try to provide food, shelter, and friendly habitat for critters (but not skunks).

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
After this thread was started, I went back and looked at all my crane photos and found this one. I take so many photos that sometimes good ones slip through. This is one of them. I never gave it a chance, but now that I've rediscovered it, it's actually one of my favorites.

IMG_8052 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't go to zoos much anymore. I no longer enjoy seeing caged animals, but I did visit the Milwaukee zoo back in 2010, when they had a free day. In fact, that's the day that got me into photography. I knew nothing about photography then, and only brought my old low quality camera with to snap pictures. When I stopped by the moose enclosure, I saw this one heading towards the stream and waited for the perfect moment.

I don't consider this to be a perfect photo by any means, but I did in 2010, and it got me wondering what else I could capture.

moose.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I love going to the zoo, but I understand your concerns. This one is situated in Bedfordshire and overlook a valley and all the surrounding areas. It's partner to the most famous British zoo here, only that it is NOT in London and hence more area and the air was fresher. We still have another pair of tickets to use before 28 February. A lovely day out if we can catch a sunny day!

Ask a Question