Animals in your garden

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Here is the baby monkey though looked cute was quite destructive. It teased me the whole day staring at me while plucking petals and dropping them down and doing other nasty things. It was not easy to chase it away. If not for those nasty habits I would have loved to keep it as a pet.

dsc04322-jpg.7087

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have any number including snakes (lol). My garden is designed to attract birds with a birdbath, fruit trees, lush greenery.... I have countless video clips on birds in action.
We get mongooses,squirrels, peacocks, and even had a civet cat and a baby monkey. You must watch this clip when the civet cat invaded us. The entire menagerie if I might call them that warned us that something was not alright. Even when snakes visit we get such warnings including f our pet Preiti, By all standards therefore we are safe :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here is the baby monkey though looked cute was quite destructive. It teased me the whole day staring at me while plucking petals and dropping them down and doing other nasty things. It was not easy to chase it away. If not for those nasty habits I would have loved to keep it as a pet.

dsc04322-jpg.7087

What a neat thing to be able to live in an area where monkeys roam free, even though that one taunted you all day. There are no monkeys where I live. I hear they can be quite dangerous as they can turn and go crazy on you in an instant. We have bears and cayotes, and mountain lions around here.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't get a picture of him because every time I see him I'm trying to kill him. But I have an arch nemesis, and his name is mr. Groundhog. He tries to destroy my garden every chance he gets. It's an all out war, to be honest. I have one dog (the rest are too lazy) that will run after me. Groundhog, but he has caught him yet

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
pasture coyote.jpg

We have coyotes pass through the pasture occasionally. This one is a full grown boy--not someone you'd want to mess with. They are native and help keep down the vermin. We've never tried to scare them off, since they stay in the pasture area and don't mess with my hens.
Rabbit 1.jpg

We also have Eastern Cottontails that frequent our flowerbeds and the high grass in the pasture. After a while, the cottontails think we are part of the landscape and don't act afraid. The younger ones run from us, the older ones just tolerate us.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia

dsc04322-jpg.7087
Very, very cute!!! And in your own back yard. How unique. Thanks for sharing. :):love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I have the advantage of a pond which attracts frogs and toads, and the birds love bathing and drinking in the bog.
View attachment 7096
View attachment 7097
View attachment 7098
View attachment 7099
What great shots. Do you know the type of duck you showed. It's the same breed as the one that I saw in Samos, Greek Islands closest to Turkey, when on holidays last September. It had "fallen out of the sky", obviously couldn't keep,up with its flock and made a home where we were staying. It would swim with people and sleep under tables in either 3 of the local restaurants. very sweet and very beautiful but lonely, he wanted every one to be his friend.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you Ian and Rosyrain too for this sticky!

Due to my internet provider's ineptitude I am without internet connection until a tech can come out next Thursday /mad. So its hard to properly see and post photos on my phone right now.

I did come home today and there was a fledgeling blue jay in the back yard bumbling around and screeching on the ground with a parent screeching from the trees. I prevented the dogs from shredding its screechy little butt until if figured out how to fly back up into the trees.

Ask a Question