Your least favorite flower

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We all share the passion for gardening, but it's just not possible to love all flowers, is it? Let's talk about those we don't like. Personally, I hate Anturium Anthurium, I absolutely hate it. It's so unbelievably ugly! It looks very artificial. When I saw it for the first time at a florist shop, I thought that it's made of plastic. I would never agree to grow it in my garden.

anthurium+gr+1_1.jpg

What is your least favorite flower?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That does look odd Claudine :eek:

Don't think i've got a least favorite. I even like the Corpse flower :)

Reaction score
We all share the passion for gardening, but it's just not possible to love all flowers, is it? Let's talk about those we don't like. Personally, I hate Anturium Anthurium, I absolutely hate it. It's so unbelievably ugly! It looks very artificial. When I saw it for the first time at a florist shop, I thought that it's made of plastic. I would never agree to grow it in my garden.

anthurium+gr+1_1.jpg

Aww, I actually like anthuriums because I live in Florida and they look very tropical and fit right in with the other tropical plants here.

Reaction score

anthurium+gr+1_1.jpg

Oh Claudine it's such a pity as anthurium is one of my favorite flower; i love the heart shape blossoms and it is very durable and thrives well indoors. It's great for sprucing up your home ; i have one sitting in my living area.

Reaction score
Although there are some flowers that I find more exquisite than others and some that I wouldn't grow in my own garden - I can honestly say that there really isn't any one flower that I actually dislike - as to me all flowers are beautiful in their own way.

:oops: nearly forgot - I too like Anthuriums as apart from having a slightly exotic look - think they are a wonderful choice as an indoor plant - especially as their showy red flowers and glossy leaves never fail to add some cheer to a room or brighten a dull space.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I agree with Claudine, that is an ugly flower. I also hate dandelion flowers. Some people think they are pretty, but to me they are a weed. From what I understand, you can eat them or brew them into a tea. I have never understood this either as the milk that is in the stalk is sour as heck.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Some people think they are pretty, but to me they are a weed.

A weed is nothing more than a plant that is stronger and more tolerant than most. I like dandelions, its just a shame they spread the way they do.

I personally can't stand hydrangeas. My grandma has some large white ones and I could never understand why she'd want those things.

Reaction score
Ok if I share my least favorite flower, don't get mad at my answer! I do NOT like the Sunflower. I think they are big, tall, and ugly. I don't know why, but I have never liked them. They just stand there and stare at you.

Reaction score
Plus, they are taller than me! Oh weird is that? A flower taller than a person. Okay, I can't be the only one, right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA - this fish made me laugh really hard:LOL:
Rosyrain - I'm so glad that at least one person agrees with me:p. Anthuriums is really ugly, isn't it? I can't express enough how much I hate it.
But I love dandelions! Every year, I spend a lot of time blowing the seeds off their globes
MindyT - haha, I kind of like that sunflowers make me feel so tiny:)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with Claudine, that is an ugly flower. I also hate dandelion flowers. Some people think they are pretty, but to me they are a weed. From what I understand, you can eat them or brew them into a tea. I have never understood this either as the milk that is in the stalk is sour as heck.

It's the dried and roasted roots that make a coffee like drink, I have it with milk and 2 sugars :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Zigs- Do you pull the roots and do all the work yourself, or do you buy this in a store somewhere? What does it taste like?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Zigs- Do you pull the roots and do all the work yourself, or do you buy this in a store somewhere? What does it taste like?

I dig and make my own, some health food shops have it in stock, but its easy enough to make.

Scrub and then finely chop the roots, spread on a baking tray and roast till golden brown. If they've gone black then thats too long :D

Put a couple of tablespoons in some water and simmer for a few minutes, till the water goes brown :)

You might want to wear gloves, the sap stains your skin brown.

Ask a Question