Wonderful decoration ideas using succulents!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Look what I found, it's a succulent fountain:

406fb427ff2a494f4dab3d79be223173.jpg

Isn't it pretty? I've always had a soft spot for fountains. I prefer when they're filled with water, but succulents make a nice alternative, haha:)

Reaction score
Very beautiful! But... are those succulents blooming? I think they are! :love:

This is a beautiful idea:

succulents.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I think I'd use the wood as a flower pot coat. This way, I could water my plants without worrying about mildew, it would be very convenient and decorative:)
I'm talking about something like this, you can see plastic pots inside of these stumps:

67dc24388dfb6c57ed59b12b2069fbc5.jpg
I love the idea of putting a container inside the log! I would use glass or ceramic, but I think it's an excellent idea, though you'd have to have to tools to create the recessed area for the liner. Then you could put pebbles in the bottom for drainage and sit a plant inside already in a plastic pot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I guess when it comes to moss... the best is to use moss found in the forest,but you can always buy some ;)

In that case, as soon as I am able I'll have to start a little moss farm to grow my own so I can make terrariums. Now I just have to figure out where I am going to keep my little miniature farm (because I have plenty of space for that - not!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Same here, not a big fan of the bird cages, specially the green ones... yikes! The project with the succulents you can hang as wall art is also one of my favorite one. I wonder how hard it is to make? I could definitely see myself doing something like that for my future mother in law, She loves that kind of things! It looks pretty!

You should make her a string garden! We had a discussion about them a while back. They are so gorgeous with orchids and you can even do them with edibles like citrus fruits. I love the way these look!
https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/string-gardens.249/

Reaction score
I love the wall art hangings. I really want to try that this year. Adding it to my list. Walmart had tons of baby succulents for like $1 each on clearance the last time I was there. I hope they are still there when I go back. I am going to try some of these ideas. Now to get hubby to build me something functional to hang them in.

Reaction score
Aww!!! I love those baby succulents they sell around this time of the year! I saw many of those at my local market, but sadly never last there long enough, at least not long enough to go on a clearance ;) I'm glad you liked the succulent wall art, I did as well and actually think it would be a big success with my future mother in law. I mean, that wall art hangings doesn't look tacky at all! It actually looks good :love:

Best of luck with your projects! Let u know how it goes for you (y)

Reaction score
You should make her a string garden! We had a discussion about them a while back. They are so gorgeous with orchids and you can even do them with edibles like citrus fruits. I love the way these look!
https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/string-gardens.249/

OMG!!! I just checked your thread and lett me tell you I'm just amazed! Some of those string gardens look amazing! I have found so many amazing pictures online that do nothing but give me more and more ideas, look:

DSC_9184.JPG

1_img0913.jpg

string-gardens-10.jpg

This should be considered an art :D

Reaction score
In that case, as soon as I am able I'll have to start a little moss farm to grow my own so I can make terrariums. Now I just have to figure out where I am going to keep my little miniature farm (because I have plenty of space for that - not!)

Awesome!!!! :) I say... if you actually have the space for a mini moss farm, then go for it :D(y) I might do the same once (if I move to Holland). It'salways nice to have 'clean'' moss to add to our terrariums (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love the wall art hangings. I really want to try that this year. Adding it to my list. Walmart had tons of baby succulents for like $1 each on clearance the last time I was there. I hope they are still there when I go back. I am going to try some of these ideas. Now to get hubby to build me something functional to hang them in.

Hey, @Shellyann36, I was just thinking about you! I was wondering if you'd been around the forum. We'll have to catch up :)
Here's a link to a "how to" for that hanging succulent garden in a frame. There are a bunch of pins on how to DIY them.

Reaction score
Look what I found, it's a succulent fountain:

406fb427ff2a494f4dab3d79be223173.jpg

Isn't it pretty? I've always had a soft spot for fountains. I prefer when they're filled with water, but succulents make a nice alternative, haha:)

I love the succulent fountain. This is a cool way to make use of a non-working or damaged fountain. The tall plants really add to the display.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, I'm wondering if a miniature rose fountain would look as pretty as the succulent one:)
Trellum, I love string gardens too, in my opinion they look magical. I'm afraid that it's tot easy to water them though.

I've just found a really lovely way of reusing old, aluminum soup cans. They make nice planters, don't they?:

succulent-centerpiece-1.jpg

Reaction score
Oh wow these are amazing. I love the 3 tired succulent in the first post, the succulent "walkway" and the terrarium. In my apartment I can't have too much, but I would love to work on incorporating some of these into my decor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Forextraspecialst, succulents are very easy to grow, they don't need anything special. Some varieties are rather big, but you can find something small, too. They come in different colors and shapes, so there are plenty of options to choose from:)

This is a really beautiful succulent arrangement:

4a336e317f612cf76d2dc97a01713c7f.jpg

Ask a Question