Have you started your Christmas Decorations?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Christmas is just a few days away. Have you started to decorate your outside and inside areas?

What do you put up everything or just a tree?

One yard we put up a whole scene on the front lawn, it was pretty to look at but a lot of work to take it all down. We have not put up the scene anymore.

This year will be a simple tree and lights?

Reaction score
My family doesn't celebrate Christmas, so no :) But I love to see the decorations other people places outside their homes during this time of the year, actually this year most people seem to be kinda late, because I have yet to see a house decorated with Christmas lights at night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We will celebrate Christmas, because it's important to my father, but I don't want to put up any Christmas decorations. I find them very tacky.
I decorated my window sill with little lights, it's enough:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Nothing major yet, not sure how much I will do. The fireplace mantel is pretty enough already. Probably will exchange the door wreath for the Christmas one I have up in storage. Have stuff in boxes so it is a matter of taking out how much or how little.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
We have! We have an indoor tree, which has ornaments on the top half, but the bottom half is kind of empty (I owe that to a cat and a baby - sayonara, ornaments!) and we've also decorated outside with lights, decorations on a large-ish tree we have in the front yard, and some cute wooden signs/décor. We have a sign post in our front yard with arrows saying "North Pole", "Candy Cane Lane" and "Sleigh Rides" and the local kids love it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have just moved in to a condo this past Tuesday, and I was told we can't put anything out in the front of the house. Usually though we just put up light and this year I am not sure if we even have time to put up the Christmas tree inside with so many boxes to clear out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I have just moved in to a condo this past Tuesday, and I was told we can't put anything out in the front of the house. Usually though we just put up light and this year I am not sure if we even have time to put up the Christmas tree inside with so many boxes to clear out.
Tough time to move around the holidays.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Tough time to move around the holidays.

It sure is, but I am lucky that we didn't have snow yet! The temperature is still decent with occasional rain drizzle. We are now in the condo and that is fantastic enough for me; just need to get organized in fast manner :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Got after it yesterday. Lights & Decoration outside, tree up in house, boxes down from the attic for wife and daughter to sort through. Just grownups now so a little more subdued than it used to be when my daughter was younger.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Last weekend I was able to install some Christmas lights in the front yard. Gee, it looked good when I tested the lights in the evening. The lights are attached to the iron grill fence and I am thinking if I will put some more on the plants. Unfortunately, it was a rainy Monday so we were not able to display our Christmas lights last night and today, whew, a storm is in the forecast so expect no lights tonight.

Ask a Question