Anyone Started Decorating For Christmas?

Reaction score
Well it's now November and I have noticed that the stores are starting to put out the Christmas decorations. I have also noticed that people are also starting to light up their Christmas lights. So I want to ask if anyone has started their decorations too.

Reaction score
Not yet! We usually wait until after Thanksgiving. I haven't seen anyone put up Christmas stuff on their houses yet but it is in the stores in full force already!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not until the 12 days of Christmas.

Getting really fed up of the Supermarkets filling the stores with Christmas stuff so early, the second that Halloween was over, Tesco had all the displays changed.

Get this, the mince pies they are selling now will be date stamp up before Christmas, whats the point?

Reaction score
I will not put out my Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. I don't like them up before turkey day.

On a side note, what is mince pie made from?

Reaction score
Normally we put ours up the weekend of Thanksgiving. Hubby was talking about the light yesterday though. Who knows with him? Since he is out of work he might get the lights up early. I am not into putting the tree up too early because of the twins. It is going to be hard keeping them away from the tree. Our local stores had Christmas items out during Halloween. It is totally disgusting how early they start shoving Christmas decorations down your throat these days.

Reaction score
This is not something that I have to worry about, as Christmas isn't celebrated the same way, where I live and in fact doesn't even fall on the same day as some other Countries :D
Christmas here, is only for the children and is celebrated on the 6th January, which is the Day of The Three Kings, and of course, is the day, when all the good children, who have remembered to put their socks outside on the balcony, receive their gifts, :) this special day is preceded, by a week of long noisy processions, where children are thrown tones of sweets by the Three Kings.
People who actually enjoy Christmas, would I think, be extremely disappointed, if they were to spend Christmas here, as there are no Christmas trees or decorations and no one sends Christmas cards either, in fact they don't know what they are.
I have once or twice seen a Santa burglar draped over someones balcony, but other than that, apart from the nativity scenes and token lights in village squares, you'd be hard pushed to know that it was Christmas.
The only way I know Christmas is coming - is when I start seeing the coach loads of tourists, who come to visit the local Chocolate Factory, who are famous for their chocolate nativity scenes, made entirely of chocolate :D

This is what people come to see - remember these scenes are all made out of chocolate :cool:

belen choc rute 2.jpg

Belen choco. navtivity,jpg.jpg

belen choc 3.jpg

belen choc display.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cor, that's fantastic Gata :)

@MindyT Mince pies used to be made from minced meat, but now have a sweet fruit filling, some still have animal suet in them but you can get vegetarian ones too.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, whens Thanksgiving?

Reaction score
Here Thanksgiving is November 28. I don't know about everywhere else. I agree about the decorations they should at least wait until after thanksgiving to put out Christmas decorations. I would rather enjoy thanksgiving before I have to worty about Christmas.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We got no celebrations until Christmas, so we'll have to borrow yours :D

Reaction score
I would if I was a christian :) The family of my guy are, I think they don't plan to decorate their house soon. My guess is they are planning to wait until december arrives :D So far I haven't seen decorated houses, but there are people who start early because they really love this holiday. I personally love to look at the decorations!

Reaction score
I usually wait until the day after Thanksgiving to start. We have out Fall decorations out right now.

Reaction score
We don't do Christmas decorations, but we do put our tree out after Thanksgiving. It's a tradition in our family to put out the Christmas tree after Thanksgiving.

Reaction score
@gata montes I think that it is the best way to enjoy Christmas... the true meaning of it is best. The over-commercialized event that is celebrated way too wrong here in the states for my tastes. Boy that chocolate looks good!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We won't be putting decorations up until December. Agreed that it's crazy how the supermarkets & shops are already filled with festive décor and food, when I went to Tesco last week there was Christmas music blasting out through the whole store!

...That being said, I do enjoy indulging in festive treats as soon as the weather turns cold :D

Ask a Question