Wonderful decoration ideas using succulents!

Reaction score
Beautiful ideas. I do have to say that hens and chicks grow just about anywhere and in anything. They multiply rather fast.

You're welcome, glad you liked our decoration ideas using succulents! I'm actually a big fan of succulents in general, but one of my favorite ones is with no doubt hens and chicks! My grandma had a lot of those, so I could see first hand how fast those can multiply :D

Reaction score
I love this terarium too, it's adorable!:) It looks like a very tiny garden that you can take with you wherever you go.

I really like this table decoration:

table-decoration-birch-bark-succulents-rustic-flair.jpg

That's a lovely table decoration!! They threw in a flower in the mix, that freshen things up incredibly ;)

I liked this table:

deck-decorating-ideas-glass-table-planter-succulents-river-pebbles.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That one is so beautiful! What a beautiful idea, it's actually a nice way to use a cage. I recognize most of those succulents. I could definitely do something like that for my future mother in law!
I'm glad you like it. I've noticed that people often use bird cages as succulent planters:p In my opinion it's a lovely idea. I would like to have a few hanging miniature gardens like this.

Here are two other examples:

image31.jpg

b6380fad5cc9c42ef58327c7b6fc092a.jpg

Reaction score
That's a wonderful idea :) I have seen several cages being used as a planter (fr succulents) and my favorite ones are the white ones, the black and green ones aren't that pretty. I think white fits this better :)

I loved this idea:

Succulent_birdhouse.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love that little terrarium! It's so cute, and just the right size. Every time I see one of these I want to run out and get the supplies to make my own. I've been on the lookout for moss when I'm outdoors, but I wonder if it's a good idea to use "found" moss or if it's better to purchase it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Funny, the two posts above mine weren't showing when I added my response just now. I don't care for those bird cages at all. The little house is cute though I think my favorite succulent project is the wreath or those boxes you put a frame on and hang the succulent. like wall art..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I really like this table decoration:

table-decoration-birch-bark-succulents-rustic-flair.jpg

This is gorgeous! It's obviously just a centerpiece, but wouldn't it be lovely if you could actually grow something like that? Too bad the orchid wouldn't last in water as long as the succulents would. I wonder how long the wood would hold up as a planter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I liked this table:

deck-decorating-ideas-glass-table-planter-succulents-river-pebbles.jpg

I LOVE this table! I wonder how much light (obviously only indirect sun with that glass top) it would take to keep these plants growing and healthy. I would imagine maintaining the room temperature would be a factor as well. This looks like something you would see in the lobby of an office building.

Reaction score
I'm glad you noticed it (y):love: I'd also love to have a table just like that and wonder if it's hard to do something like this. By the way, good points! I hadn't even considered those factors, but I guess the room temperature wouldn't be such a big issue if the light settings are right, as you said a really indirect sun light would be the best :) I'd pick really resistant plants for this... succulents would do ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is gorgeous! It's obviously just a centerpiece, but wouldn't it be lovely if you could actually grow something like that? Too bad the orchid wouldn't last in water as long as the succulents would. I wonder how long the wood would hold up as a planter.
I'm pretty sure that I saw wooden planters like these before. It's possible that we were talking about them in the thread about decorating flower pots. I'll try to find it.
I think that it won't be difficult to make something like this. All you have to do is to drill a hole in a not very big tree stump.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
...but I guess the room temperature wouldn't be such a big issue if the light settings are right, as you said a really indirect sun light would be the best

I'd be more concerned about humidity than temperature with a large succulent "dish" like that. I'm sure it could tolerate moderate temperatures though.

I think that it won't be difficult to make something like this. All you have to do is to drill a hole in a not very big tree stump.

With the proper tools you could make practically anything, though real wood would have some issues if you used it as a planter indoors over an indefinite period. The would would stay moist, attract bugs, maybe have mildew or something grow on it... It's nice as a temporary table decoration, but I wouldn't use a small log as a flower pot long-term.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
With the proper tools you could make practically anything, though real wood would have some issues if you used it as a planter indoors over an indefinite period. The would would stay moist, attract bugs, maybe have mildew or something grow on it... It's nice as a temporary table decoration, but I wouldn't use a small log as a flower pot long-term.
I think I'd use the wood as a flower pot coat. This way, I could water my plants without worrying about mildew, it would be very convenient and decorative:)
I'm talking about something like this, you can see plastic pots inside of these stumps:

67dc24388dfb6c57ed59b12b2069fbc5.jpg

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned about humidity than temperature with a large succulent "dish" like that. I'm sure it could tolerate moderate temperatures though.

Ah, yeah, moderate temperatures... too bad we don't have that over here :( I could never get a table like that because the hot season over here is indeed a hot one!

Reaction score
I love that little terrarium! It's so cute, and just the right size. Every time I see one of these I want to run out and get the supplies to make my own. I've been on the lookout for moss when I'm outdoors, but I wonder if it's a good idea to use "found" moss or if it's better to purchase it.

I couldn't agree with you even more! I have started getting into terrarium creation lately, and you have (or probably you do!) idea of how hard is to find a container with the right size! So hard, let's not discuss the shape, lol. I guess when it comes to moss... the best is to use moss found in the forest,but you can always buy some ;)

Reaction score
Funny, the two posts above mine weren't showing when I added my response just now. I don't care for those bird cages at all. The little house is cute though I think my favorite succulent project is the wreath or those boxes you put a frame on and hang the succulent. like wall art..

Same here, not a big fan of the bird cages, specially the green ones... yikes! The project with the succulents you can hang as wall art is also one of my favorite one. I wonder how hard it is to make? I could definitely see myself doing something like that for my future mother in law, She loves that kind of things! It looks pretty!

Ask a Question