Wonderful decoration ideas using succulents!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Trellum - this is a lovely idea! I'd like to decorate "T" this way, because it's the first letter of my boyfriend's name:love:
Mariam - This thread is very inspiring, isn't it?:) I found a few other lovely tables:

FQWUNNRH0OJ1FV9.MEDIUM.jpg

IMG_4427(1).jpg

Reaction score
I actually think it's pretty cute that they're using succulents in bridal bouquets and wedding decor. I just hope that they are replanting them after the party because they still look alive. I like the glass table that has the succulents growing underneath.

Reaction score
Same here, ACSAPA. I hope they replant them, because I'd hate to think those poor things were used as decoration and then left to die :( That's why I'm not a big fan of using succulents for handcrafts, because some of those works require you to sacrifice the succulents you use... like when you elaborate decorative wreaths...:cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
@ACSAPA and @Trellum, I also like this idea. I think it's a great way to be eco-friendly by using cuttings that can later be replanted and used to grow more plants. What a great thing for a newlywed couple's garden as well. The plants could grow with them over the years.

Reaction score
I loved the way you put it, Channel! Actually I think that's a really wonderful idea!!! Must be so wonderful to see the cuttings grow and become beautiful plants! Not just throwing them to the trash (which sadly usually happens after being used for this kind of things). I think that's such a meaningful idea.

Reaction score
Trellum - this is a lovely idea! I'd like to decorate "T" this way, because it's the first letter of my boyfriend's name:love:
Mariam - This thread is very inspiring, isn't it?:) I found a few other lovely tables:

FQWUNNRH0OJ1FV9.MEDIUM.jpg

IMG_4427(1).jpg

A very lovely nd interesting idea indeed :) What a way to use an old table!!! I mean, you could completely change the look of an old table by painting it and then adding the succulents :love: I love how versatile succulents are :LOL:

This cake is really beautiful:

succulent-wedding-cake-erica-obrien-1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Same here, ACSAPA. I hope they replant them, because I'd hate to think those poor things were used as decoration and then left to die :( That's why I'm not a big fan of using succulents for handcrafts, because some of those works require you to sacrifice the succulents you use... like when you elaborate decorative wreaths...:cry:
I couldn't agree more! I always feel sorry for succulents that are used only as a decoration:( It's just cruel.
As for wreaths, I think that those succulents are alive, they're planted on something like this:

diy-succulent-wreath-progress.jpg

This is a beautiful wreath:

succelentwreath.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
The succulents on that cake are probably fondant. You wouldn't want to put anything non-edible on a cake :)

@Trellum, I have a small succulent cutting in water that someone gave me a few weeks ago. It has rooted, and even grown a bit, but I'm wondering if it's too soon to plant it out.

Reaction score
Awesome! Well, I usually plant my things when they have already rooted, because some plans start to get rotten after a bit. So be careful not to leave your succulent in the water for too long :)

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more! I always feel sorry for succulents that are used only as a decoration:( It's just cruel.
As for wreaths, I think that those succulents are alive, they're planted on something like this:

diy-succulent-wreath-progress.jpg

This is a beautiful wreath:

succelentwreath.jpg

The second wreath is just exquisite :love: I liked the fact they mixed in several plants together to create this... the result was wonderful :love:;):)(y)

I loved this terrarium:

spring-decor-cacti-and-succulent-microworld-furniture-small-floral-centerpieces-artificial-flowers-how-to-make-glass-small-apartment-living-room-ideas.jpeg

Reaction score
Wow, that coffee table! I am in love! I forgot who asked me, but I think the only succulent I have moved around is a cactus. I repotted it, and it did do fine. Until, I accidentally left it outside during a winter day. I think I was rearranging the house and moved all plants outside, since it was warm. As soon as I get moved, I am going to try some of these ideas out. I guess being scared to move a plant is only going to hold me back from doing something awesome! :)

So sorry to hear about your cactus! But the death can only be blamed on the fact it was left outside in winter, so I'd not doubt your repotting skills if I were you ;) Just do it once you get the chance, if you are the really creative type... you will surely love it! Just try, you lose nothing ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The second wreath is just exquisite :love: I liked the fact they mixed in several plants together to create this... the result was wonderful :love:;):)(y)

I loved this terrarium:

spring-decor-cacti-and-succulent-microworld-furniture-small-floral-centerpieces-artificial-flowers-how-to-make-glass-small-apartment-living-room-ideas.jpeg
I love this terarium too, it's adorable!:) It looks like a very tiny garden that you can take with you wherever you go.

I really like this table decoration:

table-decoration-birch-bark-succulents-rustic-flair.jpg

Reaction score
Beautiful ideas. I do have to say that hens and chicks grow just about anywhere and in anything. They multiply rather fast.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Beautiful ideas. I do have to say that hens and chicks grow just about anywhere and in anything. They multiply rather fast.
It must be nice to see hens and chicks everywhere, succulents are so pretty! Here, where I live, you have to plant them if you want to see them, they aren't native to my area.

This is a funny way of using a bird cage:

birdcage2.jpg

Reaction score
That one is so beautiful! What a beautiful idea, it's actually a nice way to use a cage. I recognize most of those succulents. I could definitely do something like that for my future mother in law!

Ask a Question