Do you put Christmas decorations and accessories in your garden at home?

Reaction score
Since the holiday season is fast approaching are you planning to put some Christmas decorations and accessories in your garden? At home we like putting colorful Christmas lights and lanterns with beautiful designs in our garden to give more Christmas spirit in our house during the holiday season. Sometimes we are trimming to a shape of a Christmas tree if there is an available tree and then we are putting some decorations and accessories and it is a nice form of a natural Christmas tree. How about you? Do you put Christmas decorations and accessories in your garden at home?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
2013 Christmas house.jpg

We decorate the front fences and put electric candles in the front windows. That's about it, except for wreaths on the barn gates and a wreath on the front door. And, we hope for no snow!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Truly don't think about Christmas until the second week or so into December. I have a few things to put out. We used to get lights placed on a huge pine tree at the end of our drive, but have not in a few years. Not sure what we will do this year. To soon to think about it, Have to get past Halloween and Thanksgiving first.

Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to spend the Christmas with my partner this year (he celebrates Christmas, my family doesn't) so this year I won't decorate anything. Next year I might, we will surely place the tree by the window? Maybe add some lights to the windows, I will see what else the neighbors do.. I need the inspiration. We have some nice hedges, maybe add lights?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I love to put up all sorts of lights and Christmas decorations up outside as it adds to the magic of the season. We normally put all of ours up after the American Thanksgiving as this is when the Christmas season goes into full bloom. I find it annoying when people are decorating for Christmas as early as October because there are two fun holidays that should get their time in the limelight before that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't even put up Christmas decoration up inside the house. It is so much work for myself to get them down, set them up, and taking them down, and put them in storage. My children just come and go and they are older now with their busy lives to care.

As for the garden, we will be buried under the snow, so it gets no special treatment :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
No. I don't celebrate Christmas, so I don't put up any Christmas decorations. However, I bought a few candles and indoor lights, because they make my window sills look really lovely:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
We put up a few outdoor items but most of the decorations are inside the house.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am definitely planning on decorating my home for Christmas. I use 10 topiaries on the front walkway with white lights. They help to draw the eye to the front door which always has a DIY wreath. There isn't a lot I can do as we will have snow or ugly dormant grass and gardens but I try to add outdoor décor to increase curb appeal during the holiday season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Gave up on sending Christmas cards years ago, BTW.
Last year I quickly strung some lights on the star magnolia on the driveway side, they went around 4 times, evenly spaced between rounds, looked kinda fairy like. Put a timer on them for dusk to dawn. Husband made some negative remark. So guess what, it is not happening this year. He can do it. I do not need the extra work.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I put a wreath on the front door and have a couple of wrought iron Christmas decorations which I put in pot plants on my deck. I have a couple of fairy lights all year round which of course don't work unless there is sun so just starting again now as the weather warms up. I really like them. I have them hanging on the specimen tree surrounded by the pink flowers, laced over a dead tree on the verge which really looks quite sculptural. It is a lovely welcome home and also pretty for passersby, I've had positive feed back. Also a string on my deck which come to think of it haven't worked for a while. Maybe I'll look for some solar Xmas lights. I do like Christmas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's way too early for Christmas decorations. Seeing them in retail stores as early as the end of September nearly had me go into a fit. Overall, honestly I don't really celebrate the holiday and can't be roused to think about decorating for it. Working retail for a few years has completely killed whatever positive emotions I may have had for it in the past.

Ask a Question