Winter hobbies

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our winters do not get that cold or last very long. I will try to have sometime sewing this winter usually around the end of January into February to take up some of my time.

Reaction score
i'm not sure if my hobbies change from season to season. i guess i just consentrate more on the inside ones.

bicycles are my main one. i tend to fool with them more than i ride them anyway, so when it's cold the balance just tips more to building.

Reaction score
Another hobby I need to catch up on is making music mixes on my computer. I have added to my music collection and I need to make some new mix cds. I like to see if I can come up with a good mix. I come up with some pretty good ones and it's an enjoyable hobby for me as well.

Reaction score
Well, truthfully, this forum is one of my hobbies! I like to keep up with folks, here and at other social sites. I also love to read (just like claudine I like to do that under a blanket, while enjoying a hot cup of coffee!) and spend time watching movies with my husband. I also run year-round for exercise and enjoyment. One of my favorites is hiking in the woods, but I don't seem to do that much these days. Backyard bird watching is a must, year round as well. Been riding my bike a bit lately. Wish I could do that in the winter, but I don't think I'm hardy enough for it. I also like to scrapbook, though it's another hobby that I've fallen away from. There just isn't enough time to do everything I want to do!

Reaction score
Yeah it's a shame there isn't more time in a day. Then we would be able to do all the things we want to do. Alas there are only 24 hours in a day and we have to dpend eight of them sleeping or we will not be able to function properly.

Reaction score
I love to read, and I love to write. I write a lot of poetry. I cannot bring myself to crochet or knit. I know how, but I never finish a project.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I tried knitting, too slow, so I built a loom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a beautiful painting zigs! :) And I'm very impressed you built a loom! I remember having a go with one when I was younger, and I was really scared about getting my fingers caught in it... but then I am a bit of a klutz!! :LOL:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta Becky :)

I remember lying in bed trying to work out how a loom worked (pre internet days)

As soon as i'd sussed it out, I got up and built one using the frame from the dining table :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I am crazy busy at work during the winter. My guilty pleasure is browsing gardening forums for relaxation and winding down. Beats housework any day! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Yeah it's a shame there isn't more time in a day. Then we would be able to do all the things we want to do. Alas there are only 24 hours in a day and we have to dpend eight of them sleeping or we will not be able to function properly.

I LOVE to sleep! I never do seem to get my needed 8 hours more than once or twice a week, though. And I know if I had more hours in my day I'd still not feel I had enough to do all I want to do. Either that or I'd whine about being tired! ;)

Reaction score
lol true because I complain about not getting enough sleep. I tend to get maybe six hours if I'm lucky. I can't sleep.a whole night through so I don't get as much sleep as I would like. I do try to get some of my hobbies done.

Reaction score
I do a variety of things, not all plant related. I hike when the weather isn't too horrible, sculpt, generally anything to keep me busy. I am always happy when the seed catalogs come in the mail, they really brighten up the dreary winter days.

Reaction score
I haven't been able to walk lately. It's been too cold. The weather is suppose to get warmer within the next two days though. I will get my walking in during the warm spell.

Ask a Question