Winter hobbies

Reaction score
Now that it's getting colder and I won't be able to garden this winter I need a new hobby (at least during the winter). So what is everyone's winter activities or hobbies?

Reaction score
I generally read and listen to music during the winter months. I also catch up on my gaming as well.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beachcombing, metal detecting, bit of fishing, making Christmas presents, making candied fruit.

Just about to make 5 gallons of wine & a gallon of rum.

Reaction score
I can't wait. I have to warn you though that I will drink quite a bit of the rum up. Not all of it but a good bit will be consumed. Just don't tell my family.:whistle:

Reaction score
I was today, cleaning up the garden, turning over the dirt and checking on my compost. It doesn't snow here but it gets cold, so I still tend the yard, plants and trees and keep the garden area clear even in the cold. Since I also stored a lot of my haul from the garden, I also like to cook and bake. It's soon becoming the stew and soup weather, so maybe I will clean out the cabinets and rearrange my kitchen. Wait hobbies...no time for that, but photography is my favorite...year round.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
One way or another my bonsai trees manage to use up a lot of my time, summer or winter. Other than that my main hobby is photography. I carry a camera everywhere I go and sometimes find interesting subjects for photos in the most unlikely places. Editing photos is a lot of fun too, but I haven't been doing a lot of that lately as my computer is really slow and struggles to cope with my demands. I really need an upgrade urgently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I plan to start growing some new plants this winter:) I'm pretty excited about it.
When it's cold outside, my favorite thing to do is to hide under a warm blanket, drink strong coffee or white wine and read books. Every book is like a new world, so I'm 100% sure that I won't be bored:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Party @zigs house!! :D

I've taken up painting recently which will be a nice winter hobby, although I've been struggling to find time for it recently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I don't have the kind of winter that chases you indoors. We still have green grass in the winter months and rarely do I have to protect my plants from frost overnight. I have the same hobbies and interests year round, but I do tend to do more crochet and knit projects, or at least I have in the past. Lately I've been too busy with other things to pick up a hook or needles, but there are some things I want to make this year so hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Reaction score
We are starting several plants inside this year and having a mini green house. I am hoping that they produce. I will still be gardening of sorts with them. Other than that I love to sit back and look at seed magazines! Reading and being online come into play as well. The kids always keep me busy so I don't really get alot of down time. As long as I have my coffee/cocoa or hot tea I am good.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Party @zigs house!! :D

I've taken up painting recently which will be a nice winter hobby, although I've been struggling to find time for it recently.

Come on down :D

I've just been trying painting again too, not done any for ages.

butchers broom 001 (2).jpg

Reaction score
I have decided to finish some of my crochet projects this winter. I am working on a blanket for my sister but I had to set it aside for other things. Now I want to get it finished so I can give it yo my sister for Christmas. Hopefully I will be able to finish it.

Reaction score
During winter my only hobby is reading... I do it when I'm on a holiday, actually m holiday starts on january 27 next year, so no work for a full month! Yay! I also like watching TV and working on my sewing projects (DIY). It's a great hobby if you take the time to learn more about it. I'm also checking more info on how to make my own alcoholic drinks using fruit extracts and so on :) It looks like a lot fun!!!

Ask a Question