Why is Miracle Grow junk?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
This post has degraded into an organic verses (what most of us are struggling with), no access to natural products . I will continue to use what I can as natural as I can find , but the truth is I will continue to use the non-organics as I have to use them. I thank all who have added input and I believe I am better for it.
No disrespect meant, but what did you think would happen, given the topic title?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My garden is coming on much better than last year. I'm using Black Kow bagged manure and my Son-in-law brought me a 5 gallon bucket of chicken scrapings (poop) from his coop. Planted 7 rose bushes around my porch and back covered porch. Three of those are hedge type rose bushes. Double Knockouts. My green house vegies are coming on !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don be careful with chicken poo. It needs to rot down a long time before you can use it. If it`s not well rotted down it can burn your plants.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just picked this up. I wonder if it is like the regular stuff. The numbers seem a bit high to me, so maybe i'll just use it for my containers since I don't want to destroy my raised bed soil.

Anyone else try this OMRI Miracle-gro? Maybe this one isn't "junk"?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if it's on sale in the UK.
It looks like an easy organic solution, if a little pricey, I won't lie, but I won't be buying it for two reasons:
1) I can make my own feed.
2) I am prejudiced against the Miracle-Gro brand, for the damage it has done.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if it's on sale in the UK.
It looks like an easy organic solution, if a little pricey, I won't lie, but I won't be buying it for two reasons:
1) I can make my own feed.
2) I am prejudiced against the Miracle-Gro brand, for the damage it has done.
I second that statement @headfullofbees. I would not use any of the MG products if they were offered as a gift.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If you do decide to use it be certain to only use it by the directions. It is better to use it sparingly before regular use. I wonder what nutrients it contains. Do you have worms in your soil? Wouldn't want to kill those.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm trying it on some of my potted plants for now. My raised bed was made last spring, so it's still young. I believe I saw the end of 1 earthworm when I was transplanting out a few weeks ago, which was nice.

The directions are 2 Tbsp per gallon once a week.. The two I bought are NPK 9-4-12 and 11-3-8. Hopefully you can read the text from the attached picture for more info.

Was using Jobe's organic, but don't want to keep buying fertilizer online, and this is the only water-soluble OMRI I could find at my Home Depot.
20210418_192308.jpg

Finally went to The Natural Gardener on Saturday to try to find some, but they were insanely busy, so I bolted.

Ask a Question