Miracle Gro as side dressing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My pickles are getting yellow and spotty, though they are still growing and producing.

Earlier this week I sprayed them with a concoction of miracle Gro and fungicide which seems to have improved their condition. The color seems to be coming back though the most diseased looking leaves are dying off and getting brittle.

Another thread here seems to indicate it may have been a nutrient problem not necessarily a fungus.

So, rather than put Miracle Gro on the whole garden, can it be used as a side dressing?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE="Ruderunner, post: 194897, member:

So, rather than put Miracle Gro on the whole garden, can it be used as a side dressing?
[/QUOTE]
You could put it on the plants that need it and not on all the garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's about 16 plants dispersed throughout, that's a lot of lugging a watering can. Plus we're expecting rain tonight and tomorrow, I was hoping to just put a spoonful or so next to each stem and let it get watered in.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It's about 16 plants dispersed throughout, that's a lot of lugging a watering can. Plus we're expecting rain tonight and tomorrow, I was hoping to just put a spoonful or so next to each stem and let it get watered in.
Only if it says that with the instructions on the packet or label. If not you'll have to get something else.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I will use it dry, like a fertilizer that would burn so away from stems at least 3". I will use it because it has a nice set of micronutrients and is faster than organic breakdown. I use the big end of the green double spoon and sprinkle around and itch it into the soil with my long skinny hand fork fingers.

Ask a Question