What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ha I was looking at getting the same kind of hose for my pots on my lanai so I don't have to drag the big hose over. Thanks for the review!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My latest bargains

SAM_0327.JPG

upload_2017-7-15_8-39-40.jpeg

upload_2017-7-15_8-40-55.jpeg

Don't understand the language above (not all, but some) but it shows the pots. 10p for 20 pots.. So pleased.

The fat balls have more or less gone and we bought it this Wednesday..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My latest bargains really have made my day. I went bargain hunting .. as usual, on a day. Hoping to get another Salvia for a song. Of course, the only leftovers were geranium. Got a yellow osteospermum and a double light blue osteo for £1 .. On the way out, had a look at the other reduced corner. Had to open the box or I couldn't buy them as they were all dry and old. After a bit of a rummage, found 2 items for £1.50. At the checkout, the woman said they last two were reduced to 50p. So I went back and had another look - very pleased. Got a few replacement for my Echinacea Wild swan, some astrantias (primadonna) which I always want to have. Some agapanthus Donau and a white one called Alba .. Very happy.
IMGA0002.JPG

Next year, i might buy these when they are fresh and happy as there are 3 plants in each box which works out 70+p for each plant.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Central heating in our house takes its toll on indoor plants. My healthy rubber plant, supposedly perfect for indoors, was on tbe way out so I've put it in a safe spot on my deck where it has come back to life. Even my aspidistra is getting burnt brown edges.
So I was told rhat Zanzibar would survive, loves heat and not much water. Went ahunting and found one lonely sad, floppy, not too promising one left at one of my local nurseries. I'm sure it was the only one left because of its poor condition. I was tempted, half price and all but decided it was too far gone to risk. And guess what, it was given to me, free, gratis, zilch.;) Only condition to please let them know if it does come back. I don't know what to do to help it. The nursery lady said just leave it in the pot indoors, no water and watch. I googled and it said to repot, water and hope it gives off new shoots. I'm confused to say the leastno_O. If anyone has any clues at all I'd be very grateful. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very lucky of you. .. I'm after a Mother-in-law tongue which will give out oxygen at night. Trouble is I have so many house plants that my house is now a PLANT house .. not my house any more. £1.50 for a Bromeliad, but I couldn't have it as there is no room. I have big pots of numerous amaryllises.. small pots for strepto and others for dracaenias .... ahhhhhhhhhhh!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hahaha! That must have been long time ago, @Upsy Daisy !

I was wondering if @Verdun has confused you with @Logan Tech speak is so weird!

Oh, I have bought 6 bottles of Tomorite (my son bought them) last week. I have been pretty chuffed with the purchase. I'm going to grow stinging nettles in a pot and make my own fertiliser as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a battery powered knapsack sprayer new from ebay for £60 much cheaper than a hand pump operated knapsack and no more arm ache, it's brilliant.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ha! I love my £5.39 draper pressure sprayer. I moved the knob and it will spray continuously and when there is no water, it hisses with anger .. Haha, such fun!

I use it to spray my streptocarpus and for once, I didn't spill any water onto the floor in my lean-to. I often add some Tomorite or banana skin water into the sprayer, it works a treat.
35551939130_861f609810.jpg

If I had more money, I wouldn't mind yours, @Robert Cummings

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Bought this one for £2. More than I usually pay, but it's OK as the pot is so big

Apparently, my photography skill leaves much to be desired. The Salvia I wanted to show is out of focus while everything else is in sharp focus:eek::mad:

SAM_0064.JPG

SAM_0065.JPG

Ask a Question