What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
B&Q sick bay buys today-
30 Geraniums £1:20p
6 Marigolds 99p
3 Tomato Plants 50p
4 Dwarf Lavenders £1
1Chilli 50p

Home Bargains
1 Lavendula 'Javlin Forte Deep Purple £2:99

Attachments

• IMG_20170702_142748.jpg
    IMG_20170702_142748.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 209

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very lean today

Orange geranium 50p
chrysanthemum 50p
double osteospermum 50p

50p for 6 or 9 well grown trailing lobelia
£1 for phlox

Saw a lovely Love and wishes deep scarlet salvia ... but nearly £5. No way.

@Upsy Daisy You've done very well. More savvy than I.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The Garden Hose
A pretty mundane piece of apparatus that attaches to your outside tap, turn on the tap and away you go...watering the garden at your leisure...well supposedly so...kinks, bends, unwinding and rewinding ...what a chore
Feeling fed up with normal garden hoses (I've had many over the years) and with the advent of my old one springing a leak, I decided to buy into the hype ...which is the XHOSE...I purchased the medium sized one which is ample for my garden and the Spray nozzle gun (sold separately)..With this ..watering the garden is a breeze...turn on the tap and the hose expands, turn it off and it really does contract small enough to store in a carrier bag and hang in the garage once finished....This hose really works for me for the usage I have intended for it...and check out the nozzle its only £4 at B&Q at the time of writing...it has a multitude of spray patterns even a downward one for the hanging baskets....I'm really pleased with this purchase.....and sure saves me a lot of time.

Xhose.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I used to go for cheap hose until I saw someone saying that draper heavy duty hose was going cheaper. Bought that for nearly 7 years and it has been baked, snowed and contracting and expanding, but it has to be the best of my spends.

Looks very nice, @BigC . I have now changed my mind - buy a bit dearer but make sure the quality is good. The best time to get when is when they are reduced.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking at getting one of those hoses @BigC, as we've got a water butt at the bottom of the garden (with an internal pump) which I use for topping up the pond and watering things during hotter weeks. Do you think the hose would be ok to be left outside throughout the year like my existing hose (throughout sun and freezing temps)?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Ian
Do you think the hose would be ok to be left outside throughout the year like my existing hose (throughout sun and freezing temps)?
I cannot comment on that Ian as I dont leave mine outside, it may or may not be OK but you know what UV and Frost can do to these things...In any case when it contracts its amazing how small and light-weight the coil becomes, so I stow it away in a plastic bag and hang it in the garage until next time.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Ian

I cannot comment on that Ian as I dont leave mine outside, it may or may not be OK but you know what UV and Frost can do to these things...In any case when it contracts its amazing how small and light-weight the coil becomes, so I stow it away in a plastic bag and hang it in the garage until next time.

Thanks, I'll go take a look at one today, as I think I've seen them in Wilkos (y).

Ask a Question