What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No need to drive @alp........it's only a 5 minute walk away, I often go there to see what's on offer , very good bargains to be had (y)(y):D:D LOVE IT!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You lucky princess! 5 minutes' walk!

I went to the market to see if I could buy the trollius chinensis. No, sold out. my heart sank and broken. :cry: Forced myself to look and look and had to go to another stall and saw this which i think is Descampsia cespitosa

Frilled as only £1
SAM_0278.JPG

Then went to Pound shop where something is now OMG £2! :eek::eek::eek:
Found only 2 plants out of 15 alive. They even had Gaura ... :cry::cry: £1 for a white one. I was gutted, another broken heart! I bought a coreopsis
SAM_0280.JPG

On the way home, saw a salix for £5. I hope the branches are not going to shoot up.
SAM_0279.JPG

Very happy day!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Bought two more trays of the same petunias as shown earlier. Today they costs only 50p... Then bought some lupins for £2 each. One red and one blue. Hope they are going to be big, not the puny ones I have already had.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp I grew some Lupins from seed last year and planted them out in the Autumn, do you think they will flower this year? They are not huge , but looking OK and healthy, and thankfully no sign of the dreaded lupin aphid(y)

50p...:eek: ......Wow ,now that is what I call a real cracker of a bargain, good one !(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
They should do. I don't much like lupin, but if they are lupin trees, they are well worth it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Finally, I've got myself 2 salvia Amistad reduced to £1 each

1 hibiscus reduced from £7 to £1

a tray of red double petunia reduced to £1

More spider flower @£1.50 and another nerine the same price with 3 bulbs in each of the bags.. £7.. Just hope the salvias are going to live.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
A week ago i bought 5 packets of seeds a £1.each. for next year. The last time i got 2 pks of runner bean seeds, usually £2.99 each got them for £1.
It's been very hot, can't do anything.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy Yes. B&Q. Well chuffed. But I shouldn't have planted the salvias out in the searing heat. I might dig one up and put it somewhere cooler.

@Logan Can't blame you. The air from outside is now heated even now.

My place is full of my son's stuff.. and a little freezer.. My house is sooo small ..

Ask a Question