What is your favorite flower?

Reaction score
As some of you may know, my mom and I own a nursery / gardening shop. We grow a lot of fancy the plans and they all have wonderful flowers. From light yellow to spicy red and cheerful purple... But, even though they're all so beautiful, my favorites have always been simple daisies. White and yellow with all the wonderful pollen which is so good for bees... I just love them! What are your favorite flowers? If you have several ,name them all!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the bougainvillea because it changes color from white to pink to red depending in your variety and breeding. They grow well in tropical (hot and humid) environments so they're perfect for my garden. I'm also a fan of the rose just because it's a classic choice and quite a beauty to behold. Sunflowers are also one of my favorites because you can eat the seeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
It would have to be Sweet Peas, a family favorite. They are beautiful, smell incredible and are a great cut flower.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These photos are beautiful, Greenhorn!:)

My favorite flowers are white roses. I also like tulips in all possible colors, white lilacs and blue hyacinths.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
So Many favorites. I love all plants & flowers provided they are in the correct place. Even Japanese knotweed looks great provided it is in Japan :) But Off the top of my head and out of my Garden one that I love would be Abutilon 'Kentish Belle' The flowers just hang so delicately & it flowers for such a long time. Here Is the Bell Taken last year after a Heavy downpour of which flattened all petunias and other delicates but not the abutilon. Flowers last ages & are tougher than most. The only thing he does not like is frost!
129.JPG

there are so many great flowers I love in the garden. But I will leave you with a Humble Petunia & some pansies as you don't need to spend a lot to get a great flower
139.JPG
143.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
In all honesty I have about 10 favorites, probably more, but if I were limited to just a couple it would be these two, in no specific order.

Blanket Flower
IMG_2877 (2) copy.jpg

Orange Milkweed
IMG_2998 (2) copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Gerberas and tulips are my favorites, but I've also really come to love hydrangeas here in Japan. There is such a large number of hydrangea plants that grow wonderfully in the rainy season here (June timeframe) and I guess they will always remind me of my time living here. So they've won a special place in my heart!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My favorite is the wild purple aster flowers since they attract so many different bees, butterflies, and skippers. I started with two stalks of these flowers and this past summer, I ended up with a yard full of them. They multiply very fast and invasive.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love all plants but my favorite is the rose, I like all the colors that the flower comes in. I don't know if it is the aroma of the plant that I love or the beauty and grace of the flower.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Daren - the Abutilon 'Kentish Belle' looks gorgeous, I think it's in my top ten favorite flowers:) I love it!
Pat - roses are perfect in every possible way, aren't they?:love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Some really nice plant's! Sweet peas Are great plants & I love those pic's Greenhorn & always liked roses they grow really well in south East England flowering from early till late in the year.

Tulips Are a let down for me as The Rabbits or squirrel 's eat them in my garden so few survive! But I enjoy seeing them.

Red Anthurium Wow I don't know why I only have White. I'm not saying I don't like white but where can I get Red I'm Going hunting for some! They look great I can see why they are your fav ReadmeByAmy

Claudine - Glade you like the Abutilon 'Kentish Belle' I had never tried one till last year but I'm kind of falling for it as it has such long lasting yet delicate blooms that just hang there on that long fine flower stem. Tulips Are a let down for me as The Rabbits or squirrel 's eat them in my garden. Its not easy trying to out smart a Squirrel :mad: so few survive But I enjoy seeing them..... errr Tulips I mean!. blue hyacinths are cool and so are lilacs in all shade :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine - Glade you like the Abutilon 'Kentish Belle' I had never tried one till last year but I'm kind of falling for it as it has such long lasting yet delicate blooms that just hang there on that long fine flower stem. Tulips Are a let down for me as The Rabbits or squirrel 's eat them in my garden. Its not easy trying to out smart a Squirrel :mad: so few survive But I enjoy seeing them..... errr Tulips I mean!. blue hyacinths are cool and so are lilacs in all shade :)
I'm very sorry to hear that, I didn't know that squirrels like eating tulips. They seem like such cute and harmless little creatures:) The squirrels that live in my area eat walnuts, because we have a lot of walnut trees here. I think they're too lazy to look for other foods;)

Reaction score
So Many favorites. I love all plants & flowers provided they are in the correct place. Even Japanese knotweed looks great provided it is in Japan :) But Off the top of my head and out of my Garden one that I love would be Abutilon 'Kentish Belle' The flowers just hang so delicately & it flowers for such a long time. Here Is the Bell Taken last year after a Heavy downpour of which flattened all petunias and other delicates but not the abutilon. Flowers last ages & are tougher than most. The only thing he does not like is frost!View attachment 10658

there are so many great flowers I love in the garden. But I will leave you with a Humble Petunia & some pansies as you don't need to spend a lot to get a great flowerView attachment 10659 View attachment 10660
Beautiful photos! Those flowers are so amazing and gorgeous!!

Ask a Question