What is your favorite flower?

Reaction score
They really are beautiful! I have them and love them very much! Also, a lot of people love them, too, and buy them all the time! Gorgeous photos...

Yes it is true and they are really beautiful and I inherited liking this flowers from my father who is also a lover of Red Anthurium flowers. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Unlike most people I absolutely hate Red Anthurium. Its flowers look so weird and artificial!
I prefer something subtle, for example, I've always loved violets and forget-me-nots:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Unlike most people I absolutely hate Red Anthurium. Its flowers look so weird and artificial!
I prefer something subtle, for example, I've always loved violets and forget-me-nots:)
:giggle: I hate Quality Street Rappers. But the chocolate Center's are lovely:) I do love violets and forget-me-nots (y) happy little plants that can't fail to put you in a happy mood

Beautiful photos! Those flowers are so amazing and gorgeous!!

Sonjiskica,
Glad you like :) I'm really bad when it comes to picking favorites. I have so many. If I don't like a plant its normally because I have it in the wrong place its not the plant I dislike but the position always has to fit the plant.

here is another One I like a lot.... its a close up of a clematis I posted, that I grew threw my wicker rabbit's ear and over its head. I posted in my intro I think? (Yep I'm sure) Taken the same day just as the sun is going down after the rain had stoped
135.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

Forget-me-nots are nice but too invasive here in the US. I grow aquatic forget-me-nots in my bog, which filters my pond, but I constantly remove the flowers so no seeds can form and spread. I hope to find a native replacement for them so I can remove them, but until then I carefully monitor them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Forget-me-nots are nice but too invasive here in the US. I grow aquatic forget-me-nots in my bog, which filters my pond, but I constantly remove the flowers so no seeds can form and spread. I hope to find a native replacement for them so I can remove them, but until then I carefully monitor them.
I didn't know there is such thing as aquatic forget-me-nots! It sounds lovely:)
Forget-me-nots are invasive, that's true, but I like them no matter what. They're just so tiny and pretty!:)

Reaction score
:giggle: I hate Quality Street Rappers. But the chocolate Center's are lovely:) I do love violets and forget-me-nots (y) happy little plants that can't fail to put you in a happy mood

Glad you like :) I'm really bad when it comes to picking favorites. I have so many. If I don't like a plant its normally because I have it in the wrong place its not the plant I dislike but the position always has to fit the plant.

here is another One I like a lot.... its a close up of a clematis I posted, that I grew threw my wicker rabbit's ear and over its head. I posted in my intro I think? (Yep I'm sure) Taken the same day just as the sun is going down after the rain had stopedView attachment 10764
This is an even lovelier photo! I don't know how you guys do it, I always have a hard time taking photos, even with an amazing camera! Though, I am getting a lot better at it!

Reaction score
It would have to be Sweet Peas, a family favorite. They are beautiful, smell incredible and are a great cut flower.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480
Wow, they really look amazing! I don't have that flower in my garden, and I would like to. How do I get the seeds? How do I take care of it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is an even lovelier photo! I don't know how you guys do it, I always have a hard time taking photos, even with an amazing camera! Though, I am getting a lot better at it!
Same here;) I'm terrible at taking photos. No matter how hard I try, my plants always look prettier in real life than in pictures.

I forgot to mention daisies. The're also my favorite flowers:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I really like gladiolas. They are tall and come in many beautiful colors. I used Gladiolas in many flower arrangements for my wedding reception. Hydrangeas are also very pretty and fragrant.

Reaction score
Same here;) I'm terrible at taking photos. No matter how hard I try, my plants always look prettier in real life than in pictures.

I forgot to mention daisies. The're also my favorite flowers:)
Nice to know you are like myself! I love daises!

Reaction score
I really like gladiolas. They are tall and come in many beautiful colors. I used Gladiolas in many flower arrangements for my wedding reception. Hydrangeas are also very pretty and fragrant.
Gladiolas are perfect for weddings! I am commonly asked to get Gladiolas for wedding arrangements!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Tulips and Sunflowers are my two absolute favorites. Sunflowers have been a lifelong favorite, but about 10 years ago I fell in love with tulips too!

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
Rose is my favorite flower. I love rose not just because it is a beautiful flower, but also because of its medicinal properties.All parts of rose plants, including petals, stem, roots, are edible. Rose petals can be used to make wine or sherbet. I have more than a dozen varieties of rose flower in my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have always loved the blue columbine. It brings back so many memories of hiking in the high meadows of the Colorado Rocky mountains. I've had them in my home gardens as well, I love their foliage, the complexity of the blossoms and the way they dance in the breeze on those slender stalks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
As most flowers are so beautiful on the whole, I tend to love most of them. However, I do favour the bouganvillea plant. This plant has such beautiful colours - red, purple, white and pink, and I love to see it surrounding anyone's home. It also makes a good hedge. My neighbours have some beautiful bouganvillea which hangs over our wall as well. I also like snow-on-the-mountain and poinsettia which both bloom around Christmas time and into the new year.

Ask a Question