What is your favorite flower?

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I like the daisy flower. Though it doesn't have a strong scent, I like its warm orange colour against a contrasting background of green foliage. It also has a sunny appearance which lifts the spirits of depressed individuals. It is also ubiquitous.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh, these "what is your favorite" questions send me into a tizzy--I just can't make up my mind! I think my favorite is roses, but don't hold me to it when the zinnias bloom, or the paperwhites are blossoming and perfuming, and the Peruvian Rock Rose is making a show. I do love roses dearly, though.

Attachments

• Cly 3.jpg
    Cly 3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Coral.JPG
    Coral.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Nagodoches rose.jpg
    Nagodoches rose.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 243
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Forget-me-nots are nice but too invasive here in the US.
Wish mine were invasive here in my gardens, would not mind a little blue popping in secret places. I have thrown out packages of seeds in hopes, I have planted plants in hopes they just do their thing. But right now, not one is around.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wish mine were invasive here in my gardens, would not mind a little blue popping in secret places. I have thrown out packages of seeds in hopes, I have planted plants in hopes they just do their thing. But right now, not one is around.

Here in Wisconsin, all of the non-native varieties (the ones commercially sold) are either illegal to have, or close to being illegal. My grandma had them and they took over everything. They were all over the place, in her garden, in her grass, and they were spreading fast. She got rid of them, though it took a few years for them to stop popping up. I also see them at a few nature trails I visit. Makes me sad that so many non-native plants like that are taking over the wild.

We do have a few native kinds here in the US, but they tend to be white, rather than blue. We have a native blue one here in Wisconsin but it's very rare and I've never come across it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We do have a few native kinds here in the US, but they tend to be white, rather than blue. We have a native blue one here in Wisconsin but it's very rare and I've never come across it.
So maybe that is what those little white flowers are, white forget me not's I just love them. I am not an anal gardener. so little popping treasures are cute to me. they are so small and do not do harm to others around so I let it be. Would love to get some invasive blue ones in my yard. if they can do well up there, down here they would be fine .

Ask a Question