What is the most satisfying part of gardening?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Gardening is not just something that I do; it is something that I love to do! Each time my heels set feet on the rich soil and when my fingers make contact with the ground and plants, I can feel nothing but happiness. And finally when my labors pay off - the constant cleaning, watering, etc. - the feeling of satisfaction within me cannot be contained.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Like most of the other comments on here, the most satisfying part is eating the result of my work. Knowing that you nurtured, grew, and harvested the vegetables you're eating, or the herbs you're using, is almost its own type of flavor!

Reaction score
The best part of gardening is when I put that flower on the table, or when I finish snapping those beans.

My SECOND favorite part is watching the butterflies while the sun is warming my back!

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Probably the time of the harvest, if you grow plants for eating, and in the case of the flower, when they germinate and smell so well, anyway, the best of all should be all the procces, to see how with a little seed your work manifests into a flower or a tree, it must be really beautiful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The most satisfying part of gardening, for me, is the effect is has on my anxiety levels. I have always struggled with anxiety and depression, and gardening is just as good as taking a medication for those problems! It is proven that playing in the dirt releases endorphins, and I will be the first to vouch for that.
It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. While I get a thrill looking at the garden and seeing such beauty, for me it's the "journey, not the destination". Just being outside and communing with nature (as sappy as that sounds), calms me and helps with the depression.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The best part of gardening is when I put that flower on the table, or when I finish snapping those beans.

My SECOND favorite part is watching the butterflies while the sun is warming my back!
For us, it's watching the hummingbirds. They love our flowers and fight each other to get to the best ones. My husband and I will be sitting outside on the porch reading, when all of sudden, it sounds like a helicopter is landing in the front yard. We look up and see 6 or 8 hummingbirds hovering over the plants and fighting each other. It's amazing that something so beautiful and so small can make so much ruckus!

Reaction score
Country
United States
The calm together with connecting with nature, I would say is the most satisfying part.

Reaction score
The most satisfying part of gardening for me is watching the flowers bloom after all the work planting them and keeping them watered. I also give the flowers sunlight which also helps them grow.

Ask a Question