What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've done nothing today more than tie up a few clematis. The alternate rain and sunshine has done my lawn the world of good. The only treatment it's had so far this year is a couple of applications of the soluble MaxiCrop moss killer and lawn tonic.

P1010848.JPG

Quote Reply

Report Edit

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I built this growing box. My plan is to grow pumpkin in it, vertically. Using the cross-bars and wires to support the plant and pumpkins and hopefully keep them away from the slugs and snails. The wire mesh is to prevent the deer from eating the plant when it's small.

The inside & bottom edge is lined with the plastic bags that I bought soil in; as the wood is re-purposed from an old pallet-box and will probably rot pretty easily; so just to hopefully give it a bit of protection so that it lasts a bit longer.

Not sure if this will work or not. If it doesn't, I'm sure I could use it to grow beans or tomatoes or something.

IMG_20240506_184229964_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240506_184245912_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sprayed everything with Neem.

Mixed some soil.

Spider Plant didn't like where it was getting too much sun. I switched it with a Petunia. Moved a Fern to a more shaddy spot.

Repotted Wandering Jew.

Redid some Pots for Cannabis.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Just a bit of wisteria pruning today on this one.

P1010856.JPG

The blossom is not all out yet, but already it is producing new growth which will travel a great distance, if kept unchecked. They don't produce flowers, so I don't want them, I've enough branches that produce blossom, so I don't need more foliage than I will get.
This is what I pruned off this morning. It's almost a weekly job until the end of September.

P1010855.JPG

There's more to come of this lot. But I'll wait until the white blossom is out before tackling both varieties.
P1010851.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
cleaning out an area that needed to be done for a few years. Had two large Viberums in it, many of their limbs were dead, cut those out. then there was a wayward burning bush shrub had made a home in there, cut that down, and yanked it out with the tracker. Pulled out bunch of weeds, and vines. In the middle is a P. Japonica, doing quite well, despite no attention. Still a little more to go. There are some phlox in the area also.

Mike121

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hoping to get some radishes harvested today. Haven't had a chance to check on the garden in several days but I should have several that are ready to go today for sure. I'll post some photos if it does happen today.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I built this growing box. My plan is to grow pumpkin in it, vertically. Using the cross-bars and wires to support the plant and pumpkins and hopefully keep them away from the slugs and snails. The wire mesh is to prevent the deer from eating the plant when it's small.

The inside & bottom edge is lined with the plastic bags that I bought soil in; as the wood is re-purposed from an old pallet-box and will probably rot pretty easily; so just to hopefully give it a bit of protection so that it lasts a bit longer.

Not sure if this will work or not. If it doesn't, I'm sure I could use it to grow beans or tomatoes or something.

View attachment 103285

View attachment 103284
For what its worth, I think if you added some good soil/compost mix to give more depth to the soil, it will work. Bring the level up to within two or three inches of the top.

Does it have adequate drainage? That is an important consideration also.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought I'd start a new thread that can be continuously updated by everyone any day of the year. We have people on the forum from all around the world, so there is always somebody doing something with their garden. I think it would be nice to check in and see what our members have done. So whether you've been busy today or busy three months from today, here's the question... What did you do in your garden today?

I spent today preparing my vegetable garden. I had tons of weeds to pull. There's some kind of invasive grass that pops up in there, along with creeping charlie, so I pulled as much as I could find. I can start planting in about four weeks, so it's nice to have it all ready for the season! If I remember right, peas seeds can be planted before the average last frost date, so I might plant them soon. As some of you may know, growing fruits and vegetables is only a small hobby for me. I'm not into it as much as other forum members. I grow peas for my pond fish, as well as couple of tomato plants, pumpkins for decoration, strawberries, a blueberry bush, and a peach tree. I'm also trying lettuce this year. Tomorrow, I may add a few native plants to the outside edges of my vegetable garden so it looks a little more showy throughout the season.
Hey, that's a fantastic idea for a thread! It’s always cool to see what everyone’s up to in their gardens, no matter where they are in the world. Today, I was all about getting my veggie garden ready too. Had a battle with weeds—those sneaky bits of invasive grass and creeping charlie just don’t give up, do they? Pulled a bunch and now the place is looking ready for planting season, which is about a month away. I’m thinking of getting some pea seeds in the ground pretty soon since they’re tough enough to handle a little frost. Gardening’s more of a chill hobby for me, not super intense or anything. Besides the peas, which my pond fish dig, I've got tomatoes, pumpkins for that festive vibe, strawberries, a blueberry bush, and even a peach tree. Plus, I’m gonna try growing some lettuce this year. Planning to jazz up the edges of the garden with some native plants tomorrow to keep it looking sharp all season. What about you guys? What's happening in your gardens today?

Ask a Question