My poor Rhododendron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks I am new on here and I am looking for some urgent advice from some of you keen gardeners 😉. My 3 year old Rhododendron is looking very poor this year l usually get lovely pink flowers in late spring but this year it looks like it could be dying 🤔☹️.

I have been watering regularly for the last 3 weeks since the weather started to get a bit warmer the roots always seem wet enough but it looks like it's on its road out . Would anyone be able to advise me on what I could try next ? I will attach a photo that was taken today. Thanks folks

Attachments

• IMG-20240517-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240517-WA0000.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome caprilaser. :)

Is the plant in the ground, or sunk in a pot? Rhodo's are better in the ground as they are large shrubs when they mature.

Having watered it so much recently any nutrients in the soil would have been washed through so it probably needs feeding.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Sheal 😉 it's not in a pot it's in the ground , I have been putting the required amount of miracle gro in the water but not making a lot of difference. Do you think it looks dead or alive? (you spin me right round lol) .

Ask a Question