What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
It is still "a little" too early to begin planting in my area, so I cleaned up the plant beds and containers. It felt good to get my hands in the soil again.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We had some re-turfing done last year, but it looks like some of the grass around a tree isn't doing too well - so I've given it a good seaweed feed to see if that improves things. Hopefully it will do a little better and thicken up once the warmer weather arrives - fingers crossed.

Also fed the rest of the plants with some Vitax Q4 and gave it a good water. :)

Reaction score
I have been working all day in the garden. There seems to b e a pest attack of sort in the area and I have been wary. I have been misting my plants, giving them a dunking in water and cleaning out all the dead leaves from around the roots.
I did find one plant that needed attention. I think I was on time and my efforts could have saved the plant :)

Reaction score
Weeding! It's been the hottest day so far this year and the weeds are springing up everywhere - especially dandelions. I also planted out some tomato plants, but keeping them under plastic bottles for a while as there's still a chance of frost here.

Reaction score
I felt lazy today and did not do anything in the garden. I just sat there and had my afternoon snack there. I listened to the birds chirping and the fresh-looking plants that surrounded me made me feel relaxed. It is and will always be my favorite spot in the house. Never fails to bring me calmness and serenity. Just what I need after a long and tiring day.

Reaction score
Being our weather has been unpredictable here and they say that we are not safe from the threat of frost until May 15th, I haven't really planted much yet. I do have my perennials that bloomed and otherwise I have been weeding and getting it ready so I have less weeding to do when the time comes to plant. I will probably start to plant in the beginning of May, I don't think I have ever actually waited until May 15th here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
We just have a small garden area, but we did get it all planted, and now it seems like we just keep on getting rainy days. The grass is growing faster than we can keep it mowed. We mow, it rains, grass grows, it rains, dries out, we mow, and so on.
Today, if it dries up enough, I have some plants to get into the ground while the dirt is soft, and then maybe I will get out with the weedeater for a bit also.
The lettuce and greens are up and growing, so now that the weather is getting warmer, maybe the squash and cucumbers will start coming up also. It keeps us busy trying to get it all done, for sure !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Being our weather has been unpredictable here and they say that we are not safe from the threat of frost until May 15th, I haven't really planted much yet. I do have my perennials that bloomed and otherwise I have been weeding and getting it ready so I have less weeding to do when the time comes to plant. I will probably start to plant in the beginning of May, I don't think I have ever actually waited until May 15th here.

Arkansas normal last frost date is april 15
We had a light one last Friday and might have another this friday
I have things in and growing , i dont like the lows so much this year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
We had a nice sunny day yesterday. I put the gazebo canopy back on, which provides a nice shady area on the patio.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I had classes so I didn't have enough time to work in the garden today...but I washed my miniature roses - I fight with some nasty fungus - and I watered them, I love doing it, it always relaxes me. Oh, and I counted the buds - I found 17:D

Reaction score
Weeding! It's been the hottest day so far this year and the weeds are springing up everywhere - especially dandelions. I also planted out some tomato plants, but keeping them under plastic bottles for a while as there's still a chance of frost here.

That's all I find myself doing these days is weeding too! I just was gifted a beautiful Japanese Maple that I plan on planting this weekend :) I'll post pics when its done

Reaction score
a little hand trimming and the usual netting out the pond a few times a day. got some lemongrass seeds in the mail as i was leaving out for work so i hope to plant some tomorrow.

Reaction score
I was digging my garden out and my back hurt a few days later:confused: but today I just watered it:cool:

Ask a Question