What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
My hubby's busy pulling up some sod. I came home with some basil last night and recently some friends gave us some shallots. So he decided to make a small plot near our deck. We also have some volunteer tomatoes growing in an old compost area and he's going to transplant a couple of them. Fun stuff!

Reaction score
Nothing exciting here. I just trimmed the dead leaves off my plants. It's super hot today so I'm having an indoor day and just trying to beat the heat.
Ironically, while I'm trying to avoid going out in the heat, I'm watching a travel show about hiking in Death Valley.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
I weeded then planted anew Rhoddendron in my garden Jean Marie de Montaggue .

And then went for a walk and in afternoon sat in my arbour reading a book.

Reaction score
I pulled weeds that were growing around the outside wall of my first-floor apartment. It was another hot day so I made iced black tea and threw in a few mint leaves that the aphids didn't get to. I watched a cooking show featuring handsome but vain and conceited celebrity chef Ryan Scott. On hot days like this, I try to stay indoors and work on domestic stuff.
I loitered on Pinterest and pinned a recipe for chocolate zucchini bread.

Reaction score
Since we don't have much of a garden space here, we have planted some veggies in my sister in laws garden. It was supposed to rain yesterday and didn't so we thought we would go over and do some watering today. Lo and behold we had a thunderstorm, so we didn't go over to water, it was already taken care of.

Reaction score
I did some weeding by hand and also used the electric weed whacker. It's been raining a lot, so the weeds are growing like crazy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Today I was at my playground volunteer job Walled garden project Glamsi Castle

And today i was tieing the apple trees against the wall and also thinning them out.

Jed

Reaction score
Today I got out and planted some shallot bottoms to regrow. My friend gave me a bunch of beautiful shallots with roots attached so kept them as I was using them in a cup, rinsing them every day 'til I could get them planted all together.
Not much activity in winter but cut a cabbage for dinner while I was at it.:)

Reaction score
I cleaned up and picked up some rotting mangoes off the ground under the mango tree because they were attracting flies. I also swept up some fallen leaves and debris.
I'm just a renter but I'm responsible for keeping the small yard around my current apartment cleaned up.

Reaction score
The rain is making some of my plants grow like crazy. I had to spend time trimming and pruning some of my plants. I also spent some time making sure that all the water was being drained out of the containers by boring some holes into the soil.

Reaction score
The rain is making some of my plants grow like crazy. I had to spend time trimming and pruning some of my plants. I also spent some time making sure that all the water was being drained out of the containers by boring some holes into the soil.

I envy your rain. It's been brutally hot here in Florida the past couple of days. I feel like I'm being microwaved.

We had heavy rain last week and now nothing. It's always feast or famine.

Reaction score
I envy your rain. It's been brutally hot here in Florida the past couple of days. I feel like I'm being microwaved.

We had heavy rain last week and now nothing. It's always feast or famine.
I wish we had that kind of a weather here.. it gets cold and clammy after the rains and the sun seem very shy.. the plants are yellowing due to the lack of sunshine and excess rain.. LOL
I do understand the feeling.. this summer was unbearably hot for us here too .. and I felt the same way .. waited and prayed for the rains.. Yeah the weather seems to behave funnily each year.

Reaction score
Chanell explained to me in a thread how to collect the seeds from my basil plant. So I planted them and today I noticed that they were getting too big for the little yogurt container I started them in , so I moved them to a real plant pot. It looks like we might be getting some of the rain I've been hoping for, so I'm not going to water anything just yet.

Ask a Question