What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've done nothing for a week apart from a bit of wisteria pruning.
I've watched a lot of football, golf, track cycling and cricket on TV when it's been raining and played golf when it wasn't.
But I intend to get out in it tomorrow, after shopping and blitz it as the week-end doesn't look too good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
A few intensive hours today.
As I hadn't mowed either lawn for several days, I spent some time digging out some weeds, easier to spot before mowing. Then mowed the back lawn, ran the strimmer down the right-hand edge where the lawn meets the path and used the Grizzly garden vac to collect all the debris. Pruned off a lot of rose foliage which had black spot. We get it every year, despite several sprays of Sulphur Rose since March.
Then a job I hate. Scraped out the moss between the flags of the "rose patio." That's a hands and knees job, dodging between the dozen rose pots. When I come home from golf tomorrow I'll give it a spray of "Wet n' Forget" as I will the main patio. I'll also mow the front lawn.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Got quite a bit done after the football, fortunately England didn't miss Lauren James. Weeded the front lawn, hands and knees job. again! The mowed it, did more wisteria pruning, then pruned off all the foliage on the roses that had black, didn't leave much without it. The came in and switched between cricket and golf on the TV.
Tomorrow, I'll give the roses all another spray of Sulphur rose and feed the lawns, if it doesn't rain.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No back garden to speak of, a yard so I've started planting flowers in pots which is actually working out great.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Tied up the gladioli and put some wood ash on the lillies and then put some old compost on top. Deadheaded the cosmos, snapdragons and roses.

Ask a Question