JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I thought I'd start a new thread that can be continuously updated by everyone any day of the year. We have people on the forum from all around the world, so there is always somebody doing something with their garden. I think it would be nice to check in and see what our members have done. So whether you've been busy today or busy three months from today, here's the question... What did you do in your garden today?

I spent today preparing my vegetable garden. I had tons of weeds to pull. There's some kind of invasive grass that pops up in there, along with creeping charlie, so I pulled as much as I could find. I can start planting in about four weeks, so it's nice to have it all ready for the season! If I remember right, peas seeds can be planted before the average last frost date, so I might plant them soon. As some of you may know, growing fruits and vegetables is only a small hobby for me. I'm not into it as much as other forum members. I grow peas for my pond fish, as well as couple of tomato plants, pumpkins for decoration, strawberries, a blueberry bush, and a peach tree. I'm also trying lettuce this year. Tomorrow, I may add a few native plants to the outside edges of my vegetable garden so it looks a little more showy throughout the season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I cleaned the garden a bit, manually water few of my delicate plants, tap washed all small basil plant (recent aphids attack)

333 (3).jpg

My ladies' fingers/ Okra and amaranth seedlings are growing, that I sown two days back.
333 (1).jpg 333 (4).jpg

Branch cutting from drumstick, rauvolfia serpentina and pinwheel flower (this one for making my new bonsai).
Changed water of my lotus plant.
As its Sunday, I sprayed (neem oil + water) to keep pests away.

Last edited:

Fuzzygreenery

The Noodle Hamster
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My flowers that I planted a couple weeks ago sprouted. My Nasturtiums especially! They look so big now. Took these only last night, but they grew even more today! Also, kitties wanted to say hi!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170407_231342.jpg
    IMG_20170407_231342.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_20170407_231405.jpg
    IMG_20170407_231405.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_20170409_143025.jpg
    IMG_20170409_143025.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_20170407_231814.jpg
    IMG_20170407_231814.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 529

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Another nice day, another day in the garden. Like I said yesterday, I planted some native plants around the outer edge of my vegetable garden. I also transplanted violets from my yard into my native garden in hopes of attracting more Great spangled fritillaries. On top of that, i also added two shrubs to the front of the house.Thuja occidentalis 'Hetzi Midget'. They look nice. I'm interested to see how they grow.

Last year, I added two trees, Thuja occidentalis 'Emerald Green' and they both died mid-summer. Never figured out why.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I planted the last two cherry tomatoes that we started--didn't really need them but I can't waste a plant! Also put the cages around the peppers (our bunnies just love pepper leaves) and planted two containers with basil. One will go to a friend, and the other to anyone who will take it!
I tried to plant zinnia seed, but the wind came up and rather than having zinnias hither and yon, I decided to wait for a calmer day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
You do know that capitals is considered shouting in internet speak?
Good, proper understanding of communication is the key to success.

Well, I finally dragged the deck rocker out of the Gazebo hibernation up to the deck steps. poured me a glass of wine, sat in the rocker and looked through my garden mag.

Meanwhile, I am watching husband spray the weeds in the lawn. Someone has to be a SUPERVISOR.

Ask a Question