What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I watered the garden but the plant I bought from the FFA students aren’t hardened out and the wind has just about killed them.
Tomorrow I’ll weed with my new action hoe (loop or stirrup hoe).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
just came back from a 4 day work trip. came home to a crazy amount of Mizuna, arugula, corn salad, and spinach. going to have a feast tonight.

watered/fertilized cabbages, onions and garlic. going to weed potato beds for 1st time this year

Reaction score
Country
United States
Watered because we didn't get any rain again. 85 % chance and it went around us.

Went checked out a Greenhouse bought a few plants. Then went to an Auction. Trucks and Trailers in there.

People from the city come in there and buy take them back sell them as Amish Organic Grown and they are not.

I had 3 Coleus to go in one planter my Son put a plant in there in what I consider bad soil and I told him about it. He got mad.

Can't explain to him you can't plant in Wood Chips. Oh you see it all the time people planting in Wood Chips. No Son they plant then put Wood Chips down.

We decided go to the Greenhouse and buy some and sale at our place for a little more.

I mixed up another batch of soil.

Did some repotting.

Cut the tops off my Onions.

big rockpile

Last edited:

DrMike27

Trust me...I’m a doctor.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
IMG_1890.jpeg

My sunflower holding court to tell her marigold followers about her tales of sunshine and photosynthesis.

IMG_9629.jpeg
Oh, hi Mark.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Raining here in Ada , Oklahoma today! Doing my garden some good. If it stops today, I’ll plant some corn seedlings!.
I have Gherkins cucumbers , straight neck squash and cantaloupe to plant but want to wait til the winds die down.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Watered because we didn't get any rain again. 85 % chance and it went around us.

Went checked out a Greenhouse bought a few plants. Then went to an Auction. Trucks and Trailers in there.

People from the city come in there and buy take them back sell them as Amish Organic Grown and they are not.

I had 3 Coleus to go in one planter my Son put a plant in there in what I consider bad soil and I told him about it. He got mad.

Can't explain to him you can't plant in Wood Chips. Oh you see it all the time people planting in Wood Chips. No Son they plant then put Wood Chips down.

We decided go to the Greenhouse and buy some and sale at our place for a little more.

I mixed up another batch of soil.

Did some repotting.

Cut the tops off my Onions.

big rockpile
Why do you cut the tops off the onions?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I did a bit today

Cut the lawn and ran the strimmer down the right edge where it meets the path. Mixed up some potting compost and grass seed for the areas where there had been some moss. Then fed everything. The azaleas surrounding the sambucas are coming out...at different times, there's plants for you.

P1010796.JPG

Earlier, I sorted out the front door. It's difficult to open if there is a mat immediately behind it. The bottom of the door is a bit too close to the carpet, as it's fairly thick. It's on top of underlay and before the new carpet went down, a decade ago, I laid hardboard over all the floorboards in the house, It was always a bit of a bind moving the mat away before opening the door.

But I've sorted it. I bought a door plates from Homebase and drilled extra larger countersunk holes in it, for longer screws than the "Micky Mouse" ones provided.
Also a new door mat, which I trapped under the edge of the plate. Then screwed it down really firmly. Now the bottom of the door just brushes over the pile on the mat.
The bit of mat to the right are for my gardening cloggs and visitors' shoes.

P1010800.JPG

All this has come about as I got out our Vax "smart wash" and did the hall, lounge and dining room earlier in the week. It wasn't really that dirty, as no one walks on the carpet in shoes. But it's surprising how much dirt comes up. We've had it three years and used it now twice! I've the stairs to do. But that can wait until later in the week.

I should have got round to it years ago.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It got cold last night so checked the Greenhouse first thing.

Needed stuff from town got a ride. Got some Peat Moss for soil mix. And some Quick Crete for Post.

Mixed soil for my Raised Bed.

Got to thinking, I'm retired why am I working all daylight hours and go to bed? I quit at 7PM, plant Raised Bed tomorrow if it isn't raining.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted a few more corn starts and watered. I still have 30 more to plant tomorrow. I haven’t lost any yet, but sure wish they would take off and do better.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Watered some plants in the Greenhouse.

Then because someone hacked into my Bank Account I had to get a ride to the Bank.

Got home planted my Herb Bed.

Fed Ex came it was for our Billboard. Little bit later come again this time had a big box and I could see it was my $20 some dollar Garlic Chives. One little Chive in that big box. Thing is I seen same thing at a Greenhouse for $7.

Learning I have bunch of stuff I got only to find I didn't need it.

Watered everything outside. Was to mix up soil but started to rain. So work on that tomorrow.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This is our third Acer Palmatum Taylor. They don't like our winters, the previous two died each one in the previous two years. This I took in August last year. It spent the winter in the little room in the garage where we keep two freezers. It's draught free

P1000916.JPG

It was a bit disappointing as the leaves were mostly green, very little pink..
It spent last winter in the garage again. This is it yesterday.

All pink!

P1010805.JPG

I guess the other colours will come later.
The two bare root roses we bought from David Austin in the two tubs in the wooden planter to the right are doing well.

Hard to see here, but the other night the hedgehogs were, "queuing up for dinner."

IMAG0019.JPG

Last edited:

Ask a Question