What did you do in your garden today?

Reaction score
Had to shoo my 3-year-old out of it to keep him from stepping on the tomato plants. We were just able to plant them due to it snowing the start of MAY here!!!!

Reaction score
Today in my garden I was checking up on my plants and watering them. I also trimmed a little bit. :)

Reaction score
I just have a balcony's worth of plants, not a big garden, so I just trimmed the insect-eaten leaves from my basil plant and wondered again what to spray on it to keep pests from eating it. I saw plant insecticides at Walmart but they would make the basil toxic for eating.

Reaction score
Watered my blueberries; I have quite a lot of flowers/buds on one bush, I think I'm going to have a bumper crop!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I just have a balcony's worth of plants, not a big garden, so I just trimmed the insect-eaten leaves from my basil plant and wondered again what to spray on it to keep pests from eating it. I saw plant insecticides at Walmart but they would make the basil toxic for eating.
Soapy water

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Today I transplanted my early leeks.
I start them from seed in Feb in a florist's bucket in my cold greenhouse, move them outside in April, and plant them in the garden (all bar 8 which I've potted up singly in florist's buckets to grow as pot-leeks.
I had a broken old spade which I used as a dibber for them, but I have clay soil, and found it was compacting the soil and not letting the leeks expand. Last year I tried a bulb planter. Hard work, but worth it.
I've also fed and watered the rasps, strawbs, cherries, blackcurrants, broad beans, toms cukes, runner beans, melons, peas, onions, spuds, rhubarb, plums courgettes and chantonnay carrots.

Reaction score
My hubby and I extended a garden area we created last fall. A friend had given us a butterfly bush as a wedding gift and we made a new garden for it. Last week we added an old cast iron stove to the area. In order to do that we had to enlarge the garden, so we removed sod and extended the ring of rocks. Shortly we're headed out to see if we can find something just right to plant in the stove!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
It has been hot the last week, so I have been watering the garden every day, and the lettuce and greens are coming up and looking great. I have even eaten a few of the radishes that were starting to get large. Today, we had rain, so I didn't have to water, and if it is not raining tomorrow, I am going to replant where nothing has come up. I sprouted the sunflowers on the porch so that the squirrels didn't eat the seeds this time, and they are up enough to plant now.

Reaction score
Today, I moved my plants out of the rain because it's pouring down sheets of rain and the plants looked like they were drowning.

Then I came in out of the rain and watched a funny infomercial for a product called Sneak A Poo which covers the scent of your feces so that people at your office or dinner party can't tell you just dropped a deuce in the bathroom. o_O

Reaction score
Running around my neighbourhood in Toronto, I noticed many people getting ready for the summer, and preparing their soil. I can smell lots of fertilizer getting ready. It's important to get the soil all ready and watered for new seeds!

Reaction score
It's raining again today, so all I did was watch gardening and home improvement shows. I was going to repot some of my plants and paint my patio chairs but the weather isn't cooperating today.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I was not in my own garden as Thursday and Tuesday I do volunteer gardening in the restoration walled garden project at Glamis Castle.

And for an hour yesterday my friend Karen who also volunteers to helped me as we went around all the ground gardens to collect cut flowers for the Castle Florist .

Its was wonderful as we also got extra exercise and the pleasure of all the gardens at same time and chatted to many visitors.

Reaction score
I had to shift some of may succulents away to a spot which does is covered and does not catch too much of the rain water as my window sill does. These plants will rot if I let them stay where they are. I have very little watering to do so I spent most of my time cleaning the container racks and the debris below it. that was a whole mornings work. Now, that it looks clean and beautiful I am happy.

Reaction score
Its winter here in South Africa so there not very much to do exept for raking all the leaves,i also watered the grass just now while the sun is shining a bit!!

Ask a Question