Weather

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

WOW; 22C today and no rain forecast until June 10th when its light showers. Yesterday was forecast light showers and breezy but as soon as I mentioned to Bron I'm going into the side garden to remove all the overgrown weeds and dig it over Blackie put down a short but extremely heavy monsoon soaking everything; I put my sawn off wellies and gloves on and did the job with wet clay sticking to the spade; good try Blackie but although you slowed me down this time you didn't stop me; all in all and excellent day yesterday with sessions in the workshop and gardens. :):D

Strange isn't it that airborne weed seeds landing on my newly rotavated soil turn into seedlings within two days but seeds I nurture sowing them into good quality compost and giving lots of TLC don't want to know? :(

I hope no one steals your thunder today Upsy. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't rely on the 10 day forecast not since it was taken over by metio group.:)

It was so cold last night that i had to bring my propergater down for the runner bean seeds to germinate.:(

Last edited:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan; I wouldn't rely on a one day forecast living here but I live in eternal hope; I just hope it's fine and warm this Saturday morning because its Rufforth Auto Jumble once again; I'll be buying more urgent items I didn't know I needed; Whoopee. :D:D:D

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Strange isn't it that no rain was forecast until 10th June but now I've just washed and polished the Yeti and even treated the leather interior what do I see for my Rufforth trip tomorrow morning?

upload_2018-6-1_14-55-0.png

Blackie doesn't understand "light" and neither does Gale. As I said previously I wouldn't even rely on a one day forcast because our forecasters wouldn't know it was raining if they were standing directly under Blackie. GRRRRRRRR. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
We were supposed to have showers this afternoon, but nothing. Good thing really because i could finish some of the planting out, i won't have time tomorrow.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My personal cloud Blackie is ill. On my way to Rufforth Auto Jumble this morning; half way there on the M1 motorway at 06:30 Blackie put down a heavy band of rain which looked ominous as I drove north; it was fine at Rufforth and I enjoyed wandering around buying the urgent items I didn't know I needed then set off back home. Blackie completely missed soaking me at Rufforth and tried to remedy his mistake by putting down torrential rain as I drove south on the M1 motorway; roadworks reduced average speed check down to 40 mph but the vehicles were like galleons putting out huge amounts of overspray whilst the windshield wipers tried to clear the deluge on maximum wiping speed; I've just arrived back home and not a drop of rain here so far. RIP Blackie. :D:D:D:D

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
We have had a couple days of rain that was badly needed. It was so dry and hot forest fire season started early. Sunny today and my bike wants me to take it out for a spin today

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What a truly gorgeous morning and this is Yorkshire at its best. Wonderful sunshine; warm and calm; I've just enjoyed a couple of hours weeding at peace with the world. Only two lupins have failed out of dozens of assorted plants I've put in and four potted begonias out of thirty are now pushing through in the shed; money can't buy this happiness.. (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What a difference this morning; we've just returned from the garden centre and the car was showing 11C. It feels a lot colder though and Bron has just switched on the central heating but then we do live in Yorkshire.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question