Freaking weather

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
:( How can I start gardening and putting my greenhouse? 2 weeks after spring and more snow until next week! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
My bitter squash seedlings have flowers!
IMG_5237.JPG
IMG_5251.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm pretty frustrated as well. Our average temp for this time of year is 50°F. Everything is in the 30s for at least the next week, with quite a few snow chances. This is the kind of Spring that I always fear. December, January, and February and bad enough, but it's much worse when March and April decide to be winter instead of spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
We have been getting a lot of Arctic blasts from Canada this year and I've even been feeling them here in Florida. We get another one on Thursday. That's why I say Trump is wrong about needing a wall on our southern border....We need a wall on the northern border to keep out them Arctic fronts.:D

P.S. I heard Jim Cantore on the weather channel commenting on the snow this morning and he said there's one advantage that the snow actually has a good amount of nitrogen in it for the soil.

Is this true..anyone ever hear this?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
P.S. I heard Jim Cantore on the weather channel commenting on the snow this morning and he said there's one advantage that the snow actually has a good amount of nitrogen in it for the soil.

Is this true..anyone ever hear this?

He is partially correct. Both snow and rain do have nitrogen in them, especially in the bigger cities. Most of it comes from various pollutants, such as traffic. As to being a good amount, not really. I cant quite remember the amount per acre, but its not a lot.

Ask a Question