Any weather station owners here?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aside from gardening, I'm a weather enthusiast and this goes in hand with gardening as it's a very weather dependent hobby/activity. Who else a weather station at their house or in the garden?

Here's a picture of my weather station.
20180625_200713.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have seriously thought about one of those, especially for local wind gusts since we are all tornado watchers around here. I have a tall pole that usually has a small windmill that spins and shows direction and to the degree the blades spin up, a speed. Other than that we have pets that come in wet, or dry, panting and hot, or cold and snuggling, and a rain gauge and a thermometer on a post out in the garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have an acurite 5n1 pro. But I'm looking into future upgrades. The 5n1 is ok, but finicky. I've had issues with the rain gauge and the wind vane broke off at the shaft. I like the look of the atlas if it ever comes out, has uv sensor and a few other extras supposedly. Or perhaps I should go away from acurite all together. But I don't really want to spend thousands on it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine is a modified Davis Vantage Pro2+. I added stuff over the years. I used to have Acu-rite and whole they're good stations, I've found them to be typical Chinese budget stations. You definitely get what you pay for. The Davis Vantage Vue is a good station. I prefer the multi-sensor stations over the combo-sensor units. For that the Vantage Pro2 is the best station I've owned.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
I have a accrite, had it going on 15 years now with on problems after thre second year. About a year and a half old the display went blank NADA nothing. Called Accrite and they sent me a whole new unit, out side sensors and the display. I just put batterys in the display and it went to work.

Had a weather channel and it puked in the first 90days so I returned it to the store, they gave me a new one. I got about 4 months out of it before it puked so I sent it in for warranty work. Got it bach and it lasted about a week this time.

I trashed it.

the accrite check I have doesn't have wind direction indicator

:D Al

Ask a Question