United States
Guess who is coming to dinner?
Screenshot_20210816-115307_resize_56.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Tornados hit several times in the town 20 mins from me to the South. We got lots of rain. so much rain an empty bucket on the deck is full of water. Limbs down all over our property. Temp went lower, it is 66 now. This was part of IDA moving along. I am seeing lots of flooding pictures on the news, streets flooded up to mid car height in a little town to the East of me . My woods seem ok, did not see any trees up rooted.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tornados hit several times in the town 20 mins from me to the South. We got lots of rain. so much rain an empty bucket on the deck is full of water. Limbs down all over our property. Temp went lower, it is 66 now. This was part of IDA moving along. I am seeing lots of flooding pictures on the news, streets flooded up to mid car height in a little town to the East of me . My woods seem ok, did not see any trees up rooted.
I know I'm not supposed to admire floods and hurricanes, but I'm envious of rain the way only a Californian can be. I only hope for many Winter storms ahead.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I know I'm not supposed to admire floods and hurricanes, but I'm envious of rain the way only a Californian can be. I only hope for many Winter storms ahead.
its ok, I get it. few years back we took down 6 huge trees that could hit the house. still have lots of trees. One of the things on my bucket list is to go to Astoria, Oregon during storm season an hope to catch a good storm to see how the Pacific ocean and the Columbia River join forces. I love the Oregon coastline. Many years ago my California cousins were visiting, they were at aww when we simply drove through a snow storm to get somewhere with no issues. Just looking out the car window etc. I am from Ohio where snow begins just around Thanksgiving, getting 10 inches is nothing, nothing closes, kids go to school etc. So moving to Southeast PA was funny, folks here get all upset with 2 inches of snow. They do not know how to act. So funny. But on the opposite side, as they get rattled easy with snow, they are then dangerous on the roads. If I travel on the roads I have to be extra defensive of drivers who can't drive in snow. Once I rand my car into a front yard as a car coming toward me spun out of control, to avoid it. Did I get stuck in the front yard, nope, got out and went home. Today, it is me an my wheel barrel picking up lots of branches an limbs. to the burn pile. burning calories.

Ask a Question