Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
It should have been a golf day today, but having seen the weather forecast, I wisely baled out of playing.
It really chucked it down today.
Ususally, our main patio which has low curtilage walls on two sides and steps on the others, drains in a couple of hours through the holes I drilled between the bottom bricks of the wall, into the borders. But the amount of water on the patio today would probably take a day to drain as the borders wouldn't take so much.

So I had a choice, either build 'arry a boat, lay duckboards from the side of the patio to where I position his feeder on a higher point of the patio, or get the wet n' dry vac out.
I went for the latter. I had to empty it ten times before I cleared all the water. But it did clean the patio at the same time.
Fortunately, the paths and the back patio drain off into the lawn, where there's never any puddles regardless of how much rain falls.

More rain is forecast for the next two days, but hopefully, not as much.

Ask a Question