Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
We are in the midst of the rains again. It seems that every time they have a low pressure center over the Gulf of Mexico it picks up a ton of moisture and then heads north to dump it along the east coast. The garden is so wet I sink if I try to go in to do some weeding.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Silentrunning; I wondered where Blackie had gone on holiday because he's conspicuous by his absence here. We've already enjoyed a few days of glorious weather and it's set to continue for a short while yet; I'm surprised we don't have a shortage of water because given our usual rainfall the water board ponds are usually full to overflowing. I can't remember the last year I used the hosepipe but it's certainly getting used now. :):):)

Please keep Blackie with my compliments Silentrunning and I can also send his sister Gale to join him. (y)

Garden now watered and whoopee I'm going into the workshop to do a bit of woodturning; yes this really is Colin typing this without moaning about the weather. :D

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks Silentrunning; I wondered where Blackie had gone on holiday because he's conspicuous by his absence here. We've already enjoyed a few days of glorious weather and it's set to continue for a short while yet; I'm surprised we don't have a shortage of water because given our usual rainfall the water board ponds are usually full to overflowing. I can't remember the last year I used the hosepipe but it's certainly getting used now. :):):)

Please keep Blackie with my compliments Silentrunning and I can also send his sister Gale to join him. (y)

Garden now watered and whoopee I'm going into the workshop to do a bit of woodturning; yes this really is Colin typing this without moaning about the weather. :D

Kind regards, Colin.

According to the Weather Channel he will be stay on the east coast for the next week so enjoy your good fortune. I now see why you got so annoyed with him. :mad:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What good news for me Silentrunning; I've suffered Blackie almost non stop for the last two years so this very rare dry spell is most welcome and reminds me of summers as a child over 60 years ago. At last I can work in the garden with shirt sleeves rolled up being bitten by bugs whilst watching weed seeds coming up the valley from the fields below on the prevailing breeze where no doubt they will land in our garden and grow without input from me but when I plant seeds in the potting shed my seeds are too shy to appear?

When you've finished with Blackie please pass him on to a more deserving owner because I'm weary of him.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Colin, we are happy to get rain! We have had about 1/2" since midday, and it is still gently raining. Husband watered the orchard this morning, while I watered the seasonal garden and the tomato/pepper patch. We don't begrudge the hauling of water from the rain barrels--when it rains and hits damp ground, the rain is more beneficial in that it penetrates better.
Our rain catchment cubes and barrels are overflowing now, and I'm so darned happy!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sunny day ahead - lot of tidying up to do.

upload_2018-5-21_6-27-29.png

Have a good day!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all sunny and light wind temp 12 to 21c

Sunrise was 5.04

Sunset 21.05

Yesterday afternoon was too hot for me to do anything.

Have a good day

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be a hot and lovely day! Enjoy everyone!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Cool first thing lately then turns into a beautiful sunny day; Yorkshire at its best; WHOOPEE.

I hit the ground running again this morning and after loading the Yeti with all kinds of garden debris and workshop waste I've just returned from our local tip happy that we are finally clear of rubbish for a short while. I had a metal 5L can I use to store old engine oil and used white spirit etc; I've managed to dispose of this at last and now have a shiny new can to fill. Life's good.

Four friends are driving up 100 miles from Leicestershire to arrive around dinner time so I'm now grounded and have to behave myself; no rolling around in the soil or woodturning.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question