United Kingdom
upload_2018-5-13_5-15-34.png

Going to be hot soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
86F in the shade today. A new thermometer attached to a post in the garden said 96F. I cut the grass after 5pm. Watered some places and watered the gatden while I cut the grass.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-5-14_6-21-50.png

Going to be a great day for me. Not too hot. Tomorrow, I will need another brolly for my plants and after that, there will be a respite 17c is my kind of temperature

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

WOW; retirement at last being able to do what I want to do rather than what I have to do. If only the weather was as glorious as this the year round I'd never moan about it again.

I did the usual three supermarkets first thing this morning back home by 8:30. By 10:30 I had been grafting raking the soil I had rotavated removing more debris but the soil is now brilliant and so light. I then did a bit of woodturning bringing me up to dinner time.

After dinner I resumed woodturning until our neighbours gardener Paul popped round for a natter; Paul is excellent at gardening but is being messed around and ripped off by the guy who services Paul's petrol gardening kit; Paul isn't into mechanical things but after previously talking to me he has been watching YouTube videos regarding doing his own servicing and generally Paul is amazed by how easy it is; I've offered to sharpen any blades for him and to help if he gets stuck; I like Paul because he's such a good guy he gets taken advantage of and he's not scared to get his hands dirty; I applaud such people.

I'm just having a brew then more woodturning and later today I'll clean the rotavator and then water the garden; I bought three more plants from Morrison's this morning and planted them; our lovely neighbour Carole kindly gave me a big Hellebore yesterday so I'm progressing well and I've still got over 100 bulbs/plants to arrive. Life can be so good. (y):):):):):):):)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Colin I like Paul too and glad that you have a FRIEND in him.

Hurrah to a lovely day! Hope my son is enjoying his hiking in Derbyshire with his dad - a place I love so much - The Conkers, Carsington Waters (just a park). I'm amazed how he could survive without his Mac .. Good that he actually has gone with it. What a lovely week for walking! If I were him, I would go to Italy. But he's scared of spending a week with his dad abroad - that's autism for you.

Lovely day

upload_2018-5-15_7-10-41.png

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp. (y)

21C today; this can't be Yorkshire; Bron and I must have been kidnapped by aliens; i've nothing to moan about so what's happening?

I'm enjoying a mug of tea and bickie having wandered into the workshop early this morning and been doing some more woodturning; I'm turning a lidded bowl with pedestal foot and top finial; the main bowl is now completed so next job is the lid and finial; retirement is bliss whilst like this. :):):)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very cold today

upload_2018-5-16_9-21-49.png

Tonight I will use a fleece for my lettuces!

Ask a Question